Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sexual Harassment - Volume II

Now, as some of you may remember, I have dealt with the topic of sexual harassment in the past.

At the time, I made it very clear that anyone stepping onto the intarweb, particularly women, have to expect this kind of behavior may occur.

I still believe this.

The problem, however, arises that many guys who act this way think I'm on their side. They think I'm condoning this behavior.

Oh.

Hell.

No.

You should have known there was something wrong when you thought I was on your side. I'm not a "your side" kind of guy.

This kind of behavior does not belong in a public setting. As a matter of fact, this kind of behavior doesn't belong in any setting that doesn't involve dialing a 900 number.

I want you to actually think about what you are doing. You are sending unsolicited and usually unwanted sexual comments to a person you do not even know.

There are several problems with this:

1) There's a good chance this person did not request your sexual advances and will probably get offended

2) There's a good chance this person is someone you do not know and, as such, you are now harassing a complete stranger

3) There's a good chance this person has a penis.

When it comes right down to it, you're basically assaulting someone you don't even know.

Would you walk up to random women in the mall and start saying sexual things to them?

If your answer is no, then you shouldn't be doing it on the internet either.

If your answer is yes, then you shouldn't be breathing. Do us all a favor and please stop.

Harassing women or breathing. Whichever.

Some of you may be asking yourselves why I would come back to this topic today.

Well, it seems someone is possibly the unluckiest human being on our planet. He decided to mess with the wrong woman.

A smart woman.

A strong woman.

MY woman.

That's right. Some poor unfortunate soul made the mistake of harassing Susan. He must be either:

a) Incredibly stupid

b) Attempting suicide

c) Both a and b

So, I'm working very hard (read: sleeping at my desk) this afternoon, when I get a tell from Susan.

Susan>> Ugh...
Susan>> Some guy keeps sending me sexual tells.
[GM]Dave>> Look... We talked about this.
[GM]Dave>> This is a fantasy setting.
[GM]Dave>> I can send you anything I want.
Susan>> Not you, stupid.
Susan>> Some other guy.
[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> That's... interesting.
[GM]Dave>> Where did I put that gun?
Susan>> What are you going to do?
[GM]Dave>> That depends.
[GM]Dave>> What did he say?
Susan>> Well... He said...

*insert offensive comments here*

[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> I think I'll start by killing his whole family.
[GM]Dave>> And his dog.
[GM]Dave>> Then, I'll see where my imagination takes me.
[GM]Dave>> I don't want to get ahead of myself...
[GM]Dave>> But I'm thinking something involving power tools.
Susan>> Anything.
Susan>> Just don't let him bother me again.
[GM]Dave>> That won't be a problem.

A few seconds later, I pull up his chat logs.

Not for proof, mind you. I'm going to print them off and wrap them around the incendiary device I'm mailing him.


I quickly find little Mr. Romeo and transport him to Mordion Gaol.

[GM]Dave>> Hail, Adventurer.
[GM]Dave>> Apparently, karma has decided to kick your ass.
Player>> What's going on?
Player>> What am I doing here?
[GM]Dave>> We have decided to isolate your from society.
Player>> What do you mean "we"?
[GM]Dave>> Did I say "we"?
[GM]Dave>> I meant "I".
[GM]Dave>> I decided to isolate you.
Player>> Why?
Player>> What did I do?
[GM]Dave>> Do you know a player named Susan?
Player>> Oh... Her.
Player>> We were just chatting.
[GM]Dave>> "Chatting" he says.
[GM]Dave>> Well, she has filed a report against you.
Player>> For what?!
[GM]Dave>> Harassment of a sexual nature.
Player>> We were just kidding around!
[GM]Dave>> That's funny.
[GM]Dave>> Know what else is funny?
Player>> What?
[GM]Dave>> Bannings.
Player>> ...
Player>> That's not funny.
[GM]Dave>> Really?
[GM]Dave>> Always makes me laugh.
Player>> This isn't fair.
Player>> She started it.

Urge to kill rising.

Rising.

[GM]Dave>> That's odd.
[GM]Dave>> I'm looking at the logs right now.
[GM]Dave>> Unless "Get away from me, you sick freak" is starting it...
[GM]Dave>> I'd have to disagree.
Player>> This is so damned stupid.
Player>> I was just trying to get some.
[GM]Dave>> Well... I've got good news and bad news.
[GM]Dave>> Bad news is you didn't get exactly what you're looking for.
Player>> What's the good news?
[GM]Dave>> Good news is you are definitely f#*%ed.
Player>> Are you really going to ban me?
[GM]Dave>> No, no, no.
[GM]Dave>> Whatever gave you that idea?
Player>> Oh...
Player>> That's good.
[GM]Dave>> Banning is too good for you.
[GM]Dave>> Instead, I'd like to introduce you to some of my friends.
Player>> Oh damn.

That's when six huge Galkas spawned in a circle around him.

In nothing but subligars.

[GM]Dave>> I've programmed these guys to constantly talk.
[GM]Dave>> About sex.
[GM]Dave>> You'll find they get quite descriptive.
Player>> That's just sick!
[GM]Dave>> I thought you'd like it.
Player>> How long is this going to last?
[GM]Dave>> From now until Japanese midnight.
Player>> That's not so bad.
[GM]Dave>> Japanese midnight, August 31st.
Player>> Don't you think that's a bit excessive?
[GM]Dave>> August 31st, 2017.
Player>> OH COME ON!
[GM]Dave>> I hope you boys have fun.

I think I could actually hear him weeping as he logged out.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find a hardware store.

11 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger elwillow said...

...
I feel sorry for the guy ;)

maybe he'll learn his lesson for good..

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Pyro3000 said...

You should of said you would be the one getting some from her that night lol.

That's awesome.

A guy hit on my girl in the real world (damn schools... I can't wait untill I can stay indoors forever)

anyway he's a testicle lighter now.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger WanderingJ said...

He must pay.

He must pay in the most inhumane, demeaning, painful ways possible.

Simple as that.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Bellemithra said...

He deserved it! What a tool!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Ozzadar said...

In reply to everyone replying to this blog responding with "some guy did that to my girl" or "I get some all the time" :

No they didnt, no you don't.


now that thats out of the way. Some guy decided to try making a move on my girl. I got so pissed that i left him unconscious in the middle of the road. It turned my girl on so much that now i get some every night.

see how stupid that looks?

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Cruven said...

I kinda know how that feels dave...except...

it involved me...and some Galka..and instead of tells it was emotes. But of course it wasn't just me...apprently he's been doing his emotes to other players as well.

I first encountered this galka...>.> in qifim when we had lost a praty member...we did one battle and our WHM died....as he stated "Im a DRK im not supposed to tank. sad about the WHM tho"

he followed me around for about...a half hour with his emotes. i simply to get away from him found a friend in jeuno teleport-holla me. i just kinda wandered off after that.


when i did get back to jeuno he was still there doing his emotes to other players.


and one of the people in my LS saw him doing his emotes last night.


People like this as you stated don't deserve to breath and whatever else they do.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Gray Fox said...

Oh God, poor poor bastard.
He probably didn't even saw it coming when he started. I almost feel sorry for him. XD

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Wolftin said...

OMFG Susan's thoughts come to life. Sweet god, i hope Susan got to see it or at least told her about it ROFL

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger BenoSmash said...

You had me at "Where's my gun?"

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

"get some"? How the hell is he going to "get some" on an internet game?

I mean, the closest he'd get is to have intimate relations with his hand. And he could have done that without harrassing people anyway.

Some people are so stupid.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just wondering if that guy did finally get released last month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home