Saturday, August 05, 2006

What A Night!

Last night was so much fun, I'm surprised I'm still not drunk.

I was so smashed by the end of the night, I could barely stand up. I'm pretty sure I blacked out there a few times.

Remember, kids: [GM]Dave says drink responsibly.

Anyway, I was getting off my shift yesterday evening and was all ready to head home when one of the other GMs came over and told me a few people from work were getting together.

Susan's out of town visiting her parents and the only thing I had planned was a crafting run, so I figured why the hell not.

I mean how much trouble could a bunch of GMs get in, right?

Answer: a lot.

The night started fairly normally. We all logged in and randomed to see who got to be (read: stuck with) designated driver.

I rolled a 997. Even luck is determined to see my liver die.

We piled into a few cars and headed off to a local bar.

Fast forward two hours later. We're being kicked out of the bar because a few of the guys were shouting "Level 23 WAR LFG!" at the top of their lungs.

I may or may not have been involved.

Then one of the guys said we should goto a liquor store and then back to the office.

Big mistake.

Last night made our maintenance ritual (read: drinking binge) look like afternoon tea.

We pulled up the GM Call queue and everytime we saw the words "gil seller" we all had to do a shot.

Fifteen minutes later, we were out of alcohol and very, very drunk. Two guys were asleep and one guy hadn't been seen since the bar. We were pretty sure he was dead.

Then we started a new game. A game we like to call "You have no pants."

We all logged into our GM accounts and took different servers. Every server had a crazed, drunk GM running around.

With no pants.

We'd stop and talk to people and, if they mentioned our lack of pants, we screamed "BANNED!!!" and then took their pants.

First GM to have an inventory full of pants won.

I am currently world champion.

Then someone came up with the single, greatest idea in the history of time.

We all ran to the parking lot, piled into whatever vehicles we could find, went to our houses and picked up some computers, and then found a games store open late.

Gas money to get to the store: $20
12 copies of World of Warcraft: $360
Pissing off other GMs: Priceless

So we head over to some guy's house, hook up the computers, all log into the same server and start creating chaos.

One guy starts having very obscene cyber sex.

In /yell.

Dyrkonion: Then I take the carrot and stick it in my...
Dyrkonion: Dammit. mt ><

Two other guys start running through the court scene from A Few Good Men.

In /yell.

Thomkroose: I want the truth!
JaKNiklson: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

The rest of us start sending the dumbest GM calls we can think of.

GM Call Description: how du i get a epic mount?

GM Call Description: Where's a good place to buy gold?

And my personal favorite (because I wrote it)...

GM Call Description: My mom says I have to stop playing. Can you talk to her?

If you see something in the news about a whole bunch of Blizzard employees committing suicide, that so was not our fault.

By the end of the night, all of our accounts had been banned, one guy's computer was a smouldering ruin, and everyone was passed out on the floor.

Good times.

13 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger WanderingJ said...

Dyrkonion: Then I take the carrot and stick it in my...
Dyrkonion: Dammit. mt ><

Thomkroose: I want the truth!
JaKNiklson: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

GM Call Description: how du i get a epic mount?

GM Call Description: Where's a good place to buy gold?

GM Call Description: My mom says I have to stop playing. Can you talk to her?

Okay, I take back what I said two entries ago... THIS is the best entry ever. XDDDDDDDDDD

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Gray Fox said...

"My mom says I have to stop playing. Can you talk to her?"

Best line. I was laughing so hard at all those things, the cyber 'Mt' included. Great post, great post.
Awesome idea on raiding WoW.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Sadly, WoW suffers from the "wait three hours to get your GM call answered" thing. They probably just sent you an e-mail saying "we're sorry, blah blah blah, work on this as soon as possible, blah blah blah"

So much more effective than doing actual work.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I occasionally direct people over to this blog, but rarely do I feel the need to directly link them to an entry.

This entry was an exception to that. I will be reposting a link in my LJ, just so that more people can see this specific entry.

Bravo, [GM]Dave

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger creature124 said...

Gas money to get to the store: $20
12 copies of World of Warcraft: $360
Pissing off other GMs: Priceless


AHAHAHA I swear this is your best yet.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger BenoSmash said...

'Twas all pretty great.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Vatar said...

Now they need a Game-to-Game version of Ballista that players can watch! [GM]Dave vs The Forces of WoW!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Fendi said...

Sadly, the behavior that the FFXI GMs exhibited can be seen in excess on a daily basis if one simply levels past 10 and travels to "The Barrens" in WoW. And I'm quite sure those people aren't drunk, just retarded.

On a second note, I do believe that the rating system for games should not refect an age level, but a level of intelligence system. "This game is rated E for Educated, must have at least the intellegence of an 8th grader to buy." or "R for Re-f***ing-tarded. If you want this game because you think the box is pretty, this game is for you."

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

One of your funniest yet, GM Dave. Thanks for the good laughs!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Pascal said...

"My mom wants me to stop playing, can you talk to her?"

Best GM call ever!

i should try it on Lineage2 :)

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Jeana said...

Same as backlaah, I don't play FFXI (play WoW) but I still read this blog alot! You're pretty awesome Dave, gotta say. Next time you get drunk with all the GMs, feel free to come raid the ysera server... there needs to be some excitment there. haha

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Luckyseven said...

lol dave this is the best blog^^ but im a little curious on that dragon of urs if ur ever on the Remora server please look up Luckyseven and take me there;D (Fun) (Death) (Excitement) (Yes, Please) ^^

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger imorame said...

Lawl, you should get another account, go on a role playing server and role play as a gangster... i got banned from all pvp servers. the gm didnt appreciate when i told him to give me his fucking money before i pimp slapped his ass. =( oh but it was so worth it. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home