Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things I Hate In FFXI - Vol. 5

Honestly, I'm having trouble coming up with stuff I hate about FFXI. I love this freakin' game.

If I didn't, I'd probably have shot myself by now.

Of course, I could just say I hate players (because I do), but that wouldn't be much of an entry.

Things I Hate In FFXI - Vol. 5 You. F--k you.

Still, no matter how good something is, there are those little things that bother you.

It also helps that I manage to find a way to hate everything.

It's a virtue.

Now, if there's one thing I hate about FFXI more than any other (and remember that I am very filled with the hate), it would have to be elitism.

That and low level players.

Damned n00bs.

I've never really understood elitism.

In order to act elite, you should be positive that nobody is better than you.

Being elite suggests you're making fun of someone who is not as good as you. Maybe they have worse gear or maybe they aren't as high in level as you.

But, if you're not the best there is, then you're just pointing out how retarded you are.

If you're on a basketball court, before you start talking smack, you want to make sure you're the best player there.

You'll look absolutely retarded when you start trash talking and then Michael Jordan walks up behind you.

Congratulations. Now, you're not elite and you look like a moron.

Then you end up getting posterized.

Have you ever seen a poster of Michael Jordan dunking? There's always two distinct parts to the picture.

1) Michael Jordan dunking
2) some poor bastard looking retarded


Now, that guy is going to be put up on someone's wall in a moment of epic fail.

Forever.

Posterized.

I'm sure Hardaway there is a hell of a basketball player. I'm sure he could go on any basketball court and start talking shit.

But he sure as hell looks around to make sure Michael Jordan isn't there first.

You should never act elite unless you are damned sure you are elite.

That's the beauty of this game. No matter who you are or what you've done, you know someone is better than you.

Yes, they're probably Japanese.

Those guys take this shit serious.

I don't really care who you are. I don't care if you own a full Ares set or have every freaking piece of equipment in the game.

Somebody out there is better than you.

There's ALWAYS somebody better than you.

You don't see me running around talking shit to people in game. You won't see me in a party bragging about my gear or my level.

Have you ever seen GM gear? You can't beat that shit.

The other day I won shotted Absolute Virtue.

True story.

And yet, I don't act elite.

Why?

Because I don't like looking retarded.

Do you like looking retarded?

I didn't think so.

Basically, there's like one guy in the game who can talk shit. One guy who has more gear than anyone else.

And he can't talk shit either because he'll never know.

So, as we've established, anyone who acts elite is automatically retarded.

Except me.

I am awesome.

15 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger KingOfZeal said...

Vol. 4 anyone? The lost posting, I'm sure.

Very likely is was so hate-filled that the internet wouldn't let Dave post it.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Leut said...

I bet volumn 4 was about how much he hates skipping steps.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Kenny said...

Do not question Dave!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Drekal said...

"It also helps that I manage to find a way to hate everything."

Makes me wonder if Dave can find a way to hate the fact that he manages to find a way to hate everything.

And is there any finer moment than seeing an elitist getting their noses rubbed in the dirt? Especially the ones that won't shut up about how "great" they are.

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avesta > you.

end of story.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

I think my least favourite people on this game are the people who think that just because they have more level 75 jobs than you, they're automatically smarter at everything.

"Hey, I have two jobs level 75. That means I'm right when I say that you can swap your equipment in and out to change a monster from conning Easy Prey to Too Weak and having it not aggro you."

True story.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Fiye said...

Roflmao

Too Weak/EP/DC/EM/T/VT/IT is based on Level difference.

Now, the Evasion/Defense comparison is based on the modifiers you have.

Things I hate in FFXI Vol. 4 - You.

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The other day I won shotted Absolute Virtue.

Anyone notice anything?


Either way great post Dave.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger King of Solomon said...

You guys complaining about the missing volume 4 are missing one key factor:

[GM]Dave hates everything. Clearly, this means he hates continuity as well. As such, the missing Volume 4 is his way of attacking continuity, as continuity would exist if Volume 4 existed.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Way to attack continuity. It's very effective!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lenwe said...

Well , since he hates everything he would hate randomness as well.
Skipping Vol 4 was totally random and this issue should be addressed immediately

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I cried manly tears of truth.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Kikadper said...

Vol. 4 is hidden in Dave's pants.

Venture if you will.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Spite said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

"The other day I won shotted Absolute Virtue."

Hmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home