Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mind = Blown

Ever have one of those little things jump out at you and really mess you up?

I sat down to watch the movie Rush Hour the other day. Susan and I were bored, so we figured it'd be kind of fun.

Do you realize they named an entire movie trilogy based on a line that wasn't even said by one of the main actors?

"No problem... Just rush hour."

The phrase doesn't even make sense in the given context. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the plot.

And it's not said anywhere else at any point in a three movie series.

I mean what the hell?!

Director>> Hey...
Director>> What are we going to call this movie?
Producer>> Huh...
Producer>> Never really thought about it.
Producer>> How about "Stop Touching My Goddamn Radio"?
Director>> Nah...
Director>> Wait... What was that line we were going to cut?
Director>> That one that made no sense.
Producer>> You mean that "Rush hour" bullshit?
Director>> Yeah...
Director>> I like it.
Producer>> But what if we make a sequel?
Director>> A SEQUEL?!
Director>> Have you even read this script?

Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

10 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Breese said...

I never thought about that >< That's astounding. So this is what brain deterioration feels like . . . guess I know a taste of what being a GM feels like ><

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Xatticus said...

Yeah I kinda did notice that.

But those movies certainly are a good laugh

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger PhiPhi said...

The little girl was kidnapped during Rush Hour. That is why I always suspected they named the movie "Rush Hour".

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Bufuman said...

It is kind of weird. But aside from that weird little bit, what was your opinion of the movie, Dave? I personally think it's a pretty good series. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker make a good comedic duo, since both are witty in their own way and compliment each other well.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

Honestly, I liked the first movie. It was creative and I had yet to get tired of Chris Tucker's antics. They seemed to gel well as a team.

Unfortunately, the follow up movies spent too much time trying to copy the first one rather than creating new comedy.

And yes, I understand the girl was kidnapped during rush hour. She was, however, kidnapped on a side street after being blocked by a cop car.

Rush hour has nothing at all to do with them being stopped by a cop car.

Hence, it did not make sense.

Also, I get double points because that rhymed.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Uh, I'm gonna have to disagree with you for once [GM]Dave...(which is really strange cause I didn't think it would ever happen...)
First of all, there could be an actual reason that isn't at the surface, say for example: It's because they are rushing against the clock to save the girl as fast as possible, and it's a bit of a fast paced movie at times.(I'm just throwing out an idea here...)

Second, since when does a movie's title have to be a line in the movie!?!?!?! If I were to make a list of movies that didn't have their title in the script somewhere well... it would probably be a really damned long list...

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just out of curiosity, what would you have called Rush Hour?

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

You are free to disagree with me.

It simply means that you are wrong.

I kid, I kid.

At no point did I say a movie's title had to be a line in a movie. Quite the opposite, I HATE it when they stretch just to work the movie's title in.

The point of the post was not to slam the movie (though I do slam pretty much everything), but instead to simply point out something that only occurred to me recently.

Never really thought about it before.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rush hour... there's bound to be gilsellers somewhere around there. Ya know, late for crimes against intelligence.

Which brings me to the point: Where'd Jormy go? Has he died of starvation by now or what? We never hear from him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home