Friday, February 15, 2008

[GM]Dave Evades.

That was close.

So I forgot Valentine's Day.

As I believe I mentioned, that was bad.

Luckily, I was able to remedy the situation.

This should be readily apparent as I am not making this update from a hospital bed.

I was sat at work, a cold sweat breaking out on my forehead, when I realized there was still time to fix the situation before it got any worse.

Just in case that didn't work, I took a moment to make sure my medical insurance was up to date.

Rather than running blindly from store to store, I sat down and made a list of potential gifts.

1) lingerie

No.

No, no, no.

This is not a gift for women.

They know that.

Nothing about buying a woman a piece of floss to wear in their most intimate of regions even comes close to being romantic.

And before you say you could buy something classy, I want you to think about what would happen in that lingerie store.

It'd be like going to a steakhouse and ordering a salad.

We both know your definition of classy and hers will not match up, and that you will buy something stupid.

No.

2) pajamas

Also bad.

Pajamas basically say "I was totally shopping for something slutty looking, but decided this was more likely to get me laid."

Pajamas are a nice gift. But for Valentine's Day, it's going to look a little too suspicious.

Now, you're not getting laid AND she's not going to wear anything slutty looking.

Good job.

3) clothes

Also a no.

It doesn't matter what you pick out. She could tell you exactly what she's looking for and you will still get it wrong.

Women pick out clothes. That is the law of the jungle.

If you buy her clothes, she will nod politely and then ask you for the receipt to return them and get some pajamas.

4) jewelry

Not a bad gift, but you have to be careful.

Buying jewelry sets a bad precedent. As the relationship goes on, she will expect the jewelry to become more extravagant.

Congratulations, you're in a relationship and are now homeless.

5) a teddy bear

What are you? Seven?

I was honestly lost. I had no clue what to buy for her.

I figured my best course of action would be to bite the bullet and just tell her the truth. Rather than half-ass a gift and have her get mad anyway, at least this saves me from shopping.

On my way home, I decided to stop and get her a rose. Not an actual gift, but it should help easy the blow.

On a whim, I decided to get a rose for my daughter, too.

As I walked in, my little girl ran up and hugged my leg. I leaned down and gave her the rose and wished her a happy Valentine's Day.

Susan>> Oh my God.
Susan>> That is just the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
Susan>> I couldn't ask for a better Valentine.

...

Some days, my luck even amazes me.

[GM]Dave>> You're the best Valentine I could ask for.
Susan>> Really?
Susan>> Because I bought something really small and uncomfortable.

A good man would have owned up to his mistakes and told her the truth.

If you see a good man anywhere, you tell him I'm over here having hot freaky Valentine's sex.

9 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Orugachino said...

Good save! Roses, for the win!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

lol... you're so lucky that worked. Made a funny post too. I have to give my hubby a list.. with pictures and directions to the store. Otherwise he stresses out over it and ends up getting nothing or something horrifying and no one is happy. My way at least I'm happy and that's what really matters right?

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one, Dave.
A good man may have bit the bullet and told the truth, but a smart man....

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hate to ruin the party, but what stops Susan from seeing this and learning the truth?

Ouch.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, your daughter *runs*? But isn't she like... 5 months?

BTW, roses are great, good game!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

C'mon, Dave, what's so hard about Valentines Day? That's the EASY holiday. Roses and Chocolate. End story.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Kenage said...

I don't know why some people try to put logic to this and can't just enjoy the show.

Great entry Dave ^^ happy to see that everything is going well.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

kenage, dude, the Dave WE know wouldn't have messed around with mere roses for Susan. He would've camped some special rare monster just for her and given her the ultra-rare drop...or ported her character off to some secret location & let her take on Jormy & win...

Flowers? Man, that's not Dave. That's some evil alien anti-Dave...

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Yensil blogs again! said...

I was gonna say, chocolate and roses usually do the trick.
Traditional and cliche? Yes.
But does it get you laid? Yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home