Thursday, September 14, 2006

[GM]Dave Is Blinded

Bad morning, bad morning, bad morning.

I rolled out of bed at the crack of eleven thirty and was actually pleased to see it was a beautiful day outside.

I'm always happy to see it's a beautiful day outside.

That's because I'm inside.

I sat up and greeted the day with a smile. Then, I turned and jumped out of my bed.

Right onto my glasses.

...

Yeah.

This is why I'm so angry. Even when I'm minding my own damned business, life comes up and kicks me in the balls.

I was going to be nice today. I can feel it. Today would have been the day when I stopped being evil altogether.

Now, I have to destroy this stupid world.

This stupid, blurry world.

I shook my hand angrily at the undefined blotches of color around me.

[GM]Dave>> DAMN YOU!
[GM]Dave>> DAMN YOU AND YOUR LACK OF RESOLUTION!

I do not handle adversity well.

Susan had gone out a little earlier to do something or other. As it did not pertain to:

a) my computer

b) FFXI

c) sex

I really didn't bother to listen.

When she came home, she found me sitting at my keyboard and grumbling angrily at the poor unfortunate moron that had found his way into my (now blurry) line of sight.

Susan>> What are you doing?
[GM]Dave>> I'm punishing yet another idiot.
[GM]Dave>> I must scour them from our servers.
Susan>> Yes, dear. I know that.
Susan>> You put that on your business card.
Susan>> And our answering machine.
[GM]Dave>> It pays to advertise.
Susan>> Or makes me question your sanity.
[GM]Dave>> Yeah, yeah.
[GM]Dave>> Whatever.
Susan>> Did you break your glasses?
[GM]Dave>> I have no idea what you're talking about.
Susan>> Yeah, you broke them alright.
[GM]Dave>> What makes you say that?
[GM]Dave>> Maybe I don't need them anymore.
Susan>> Honey... Look at the screen.
[GM]Dave>> Yeah, so?
[GM]Dave>> I'm torturing a gil seller.
[GM]Dave>> I do it all the time.
Susan>> Okay...
Susan>> Why are you trying to feed him to Prince Trion?
[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> I thought Jormy was being awfully quiet.

Apparently, while choosing one blurry command from another, I had accidentally spawned Prince Trion in Mordion Gaol instead of Jormungand.

And had tried, for the better part of an hour, to make him eat a gil seller.

On the bright side, the awkward silence made the gil seller log out.

I think he learned his lesson, though.

Now, where in the hell is that "BAN" button?

9 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Shayde said...

/em comfort <[GM]Dave>
/wait 2
/ma "Blindna" <[GM]Dave>
/wait 3
/em smiles warmly at <[GM]Dave>

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Esined said...

[GM]Dave,
U remind me of Selma in Scooby-Doo (my son loves that cartoon) She always seems to lose her glasses and becomes blind!!!!!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger azuza001 said...

I know what you mean by having broken glass's. I lasted 5 years before getting another pair since breaking my last.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger TheAnaconda said...

Trion's just a little more picky about his food than Jormy is

im sure he woulda still eaten the gilseller, given time. he doesnt have as big of a stomach as jormy tho

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Lithos said...

I'm sure that Trion eats Tarutaru, I just have to prove it...

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Bellemithra said...

Awww poor Dave!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Jeffery RLC said...

You know, I've always been curious about this...

Why Jormy? Why not Vrtra? I mean in the (extremely) unlikely event that a player actually solos one of these hnms dragons, you'd want one that doesn't really drop anything worth the effort. (yes I know about the dragon harness but it really drops like 1 in a millionth chance)

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Remus said...

When all else fails, look for the tape!

At least that's what Remus does...

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

How can I argue with that? The logic is so perfect.

I mean, everyone knows that a supervisor has the time and ability to watch over every employee at every second during the day.

It's not like there's an entire office of GMs all talking with customers all day every day.

And he's right. The players do all react the same way. Got me there, too.

We all know that morons never react like that. No one would get angry first. That's silly.

Anyone who has ever worked in customer service will tell you that irate customers are all different. They don't all just whine and bitch and get angry. They all discuss matters in a quiet, sensible manner.

I am humbled by your argument. Obviously, you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that I must be a fake.

Jackass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home