Saturday, September 16, 2006

Being Stupid

I know I talk a lot about people being stupid.

That's because it bothers me.

But usually when I'm talking about stupid people, there is a specific instance or event that leads to them expressing their inate retardation.

Gil buying: stupid.

Gil selling: stupid.

Using the word 'Manthra": stupid.

Beyond these specific instances of mental deficiency, you'll often see more random things that just annoy the hell out of you.

Or, more importantly, annoy the hell out of me.

When I finally got my DSL back (Yes, the light is on finally), I took a little time to level one of my subjobs.

Yes, I know I missed an update last night, but I haven't actually partied since I moved and I was starting to get the shakes.

Our party was fighting Mandies in Yhoator Jungle and, through an unfortunate series of events, a White Lizard got hit and our party wiped.

Now, you're probably thinking I'm going to go on a tirade about my party member who decided it would be fun to hit a Lizard and consequently cause our death.

I'm not.

Maybe tomorrow.

That actually wasn't so bad for me. The guy who did it was a good player and it was just a random accident. Shit happens. I moved on.

But as we lay there, a tangle of limbs and dead faces, we witnessed one of the most random acts of stupidity you'll see in this game.

A player runs past our camp, turns around, stands on our bodies and says...

Player>> There's a lot of death here.

...

Good job, Captain Observant.

Of course there's a lot of death here. You're standing on top of six dead bodies.

Did you think you were somehow giving us news that we were unaware of?

Did you think maybe we were sitting at our keyboards confused and perplexed by our inability to move?

And then the guy didn't even try to get us a Raise or anything. Any useful purpose he may have had went flying out the window.

Why do people feel the need to say absolutely retarded things?

Sure, it's not as bad as cheating or MPKing or whatever other stupidity people manage to come up with, but you're sure as hell not being helpful.

Well, it had been a while since I'd let Jormy have any real fun, so I quickly logged out of my main account and onto my GM account.

A quick warp to Yhoator and I was ready to go.

[GM]Dave>> Hail, Adventurer.
[GM]Dave>> I understand you're a master of observation.
Player>> Holy shit!
Player>> A GM!
[GM]Dave>> I guess that answers that.
Player>> What do you want?
[GM]Dave>> Nothing really.
[GM]Dave>> We were hoping you might help us with a survey.
Player>> A survey?
Player>> Sure.
[GM]Dave>> Okay, what's that?
Player>> A mandragora?
[GM]Dave>> Good, good.
[GM]Dave>> And that?
Player>> Oh, that's a lizard.
[GM]Dave>> Uh huh.
[GM]Dave>> Two for two.
Player>> This is really easy.
[GM]Dave>> I thought it might be.
Player>> Is there any kind of reward for this?
[GM]Dave>> Oh, you'll get what you deserve.
[GM]Dave>> Last one.
[GM]Dave>> Ready?
Player>> I'm ready.
[GM]Dave>> What's that thing behind you?
Player>> What thing?
Player>> OH MERCIFUL CHRIST!!!
[GM]Dave>> Oooohhh, I'm sorry.
[GM]Dave>> We were looking for "dragon".
[GM]Dave>> "Dragon".
[GM]Dave>> Jormy, tell him what he's won.

Jormungand hits Player for 12,994 points of damage.
Player was defeated by Jormungand.

*ROAR*

[GM]Dave>> He says "There's a lot of death here."

*ROAR*

[GM]Dave>> Wait... I misinterpreted.
[GM]Dave>> He says "You're retarded."

Please, people. If you don't have something helpful or constructive to say, just don't say anything.

As a matter of fact, even if you think you have something helpful to say, don't say anything at all.

Just don't speak.

At all.

Thank you.

5 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Coeurl de Lionne said...

Reminds me of that time I was skilling up fishing in East Ronfaure. Got someone who stopped in front of me, and after 30 seconds of immobility...

"r u fishing?"

...I so should have replied "No, as a matter of fact I'm mining."

But hey, I'm not exactly good in the witty retort department.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Nukapai said...

See, now I'd be tempted to write "you rawk" as a comment, but then you'd have to have me killed by a dragon for stating the obvious.

Darn.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger azuza001 said...

Now that's something I can get behind GM-Dave. Kill the stupidity on the servers, one moron at a time! lol.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Magictaru said...

omg, Thank you [GM]God for killing the idiot's in Jungle's... when are you going to take out the idiot's in Valley of Sorrow's?!!
o, and Please kill me with jormy!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Magictaru said...

i dream of bein killd by jormy, i keep going to ullegrand range, but, never get far enough to find him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home