Sunday, April 16, 2006

Trying To Hold Me Back

Apparently, I am not above the law.

I should write that down somewhere.

The Japanese player that I provided customer service to (read: fed to a dragon) filed a complaint with a Japanese GM after "the incident".

Now, there seems to be a misunderstanding amongst the general FFXI populace. Many players think that Japanese GMs have a greater deal of power or authority than us.

They are wrong.

We are all equals. Well... in terms of game based abilities.

They cannot be equal to Dave, afterall.

Unfortunately, some Japanese GMs fall under the same misconception and try to put undue pressure on us. And by us, I mean North American GMs. And by North American GMs, I mean North American GMs who break the rules.

And by North American GMs who break the rules, I mean me.

Today, as I was getting ready to end another shift of mindless idiocy, I got a tell from another GM in Japan.

[GM]Takana>> Dave, I need to speak with you for a minute.
[GM]Dave>> Sure thing. What do you need?
[GM]Dave>> Are dragons involved?
[GM]Takana>> Kind of. We got a report from a JP player.
[GM]Takana>> Apparently, you fed him to Jormungand.
[GM]Dave>> You're going to have to be more specific.
[GM]Takana>> You fed him to Jormungand yesterday.
[GM]Dave>> You're going to have to be more specific.
[GM]Takana>> Yesterday morning.
[GM]Dave>> Listen, Tak... mind if I call you Tak?
[GM]Takana>> Please don't.
[GM]Dave>> Tak, I feed a lot of players to Jormungand.
[GM]Dave>> I mean, a lot.
[GM]Dave>> You're going to have to be more specific.
[GM]Takana>> Why do you feed players to Jormungand.
[GM]Dave>> Well, I'd feed them to Tiamat
[GM]Dave>> But Jormungand sounds funnier.
[GM]Takana>> I mean why would you kill players?
[GM]Dave>> They sent me GM calls.
[GM]Takana>> But you're a GM.
[GM]Dave>> I don't see where you're going with this.
[GM]Takana>> They're supposed to send you calls.
[GM]Takana>> You're a GM.
[GM]Takana>> They're GM calls.
[GM]Dave>> I'm not following...
[GM]Takana>> Stop feeding people to dragons.
[GM]Dave>> Oh...
[GM]Dave>> What should I feed them to?
[GM]Takana>> Nothing. Stop feeding people to anything.
[GM]Dave>> Let's not get crazy here.
[GM]Dave>> Dragons are what I do.
[GM]Dave>> Next thing, you'll be telling me to listen to players.
[GM]Takana>> That would be nice.
[GM]Dave>> For who?
[GM]Takana>> For the players.
[GM]Dave>> Yeah... see, that's not a good enough reason.
[GM]Dave>> I'm more of a "good for Dave" kinda guy.
[GM]Takana>> ...
[GM]Dave>> And feeding people to dragons is good for Dave.
[GM]Takana>> If you don't stop, I'm going to have you fired.
[GM]Dave>> Wow. Really?
[GM]Takana>> I'm afraid so.
[GM]Dave>> I'm going to try something else instead.
[GM]Dave>> How about IP bannings?
[GM]Takana>> You cannot ban players like that.
[GM]Dave>> Who said anything about players?

Unfortunately, the call ended kind of abruptly there.

Possibly due to the fact that [GM]Takana can no longer access the game servers.

We may be equals in terms of in game powers, but that doesn't help much when you can't get in game.

I said I was not above the law. I did not say I was subject to it.

8 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Kellios said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Cruven said...

A man of power..is a funny man of power.

Yes, people are better of fed to a dragon.

But banning another GM..pure genius

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Kellios said...

You have written some of the funniest things I've seen in weeks. Real or not, I don't care. Keep it up. I hope when I do make a call, I'll get you.

And I won't even care if dragons are involved.

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rofl owned. :d

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Arwenne said...

OMG. I love you. lol

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Reeree said...

You inspire me.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jutsu said...

roflcopter

as a player who has summoned a GM before, let me tell you it was for the right reasons.

Man your job sounds frustrating, but damn does it also sound fun.

These stranscripts are goddamned hilarious, keep it up!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

@moonbent: suck up a lot lately to the JP players?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home