Monday, April 10, 2006

Stop Saying Nerf

You do realize how annoying that is, right?

It seems everytime SE decides to make a change to a job or adjust an ability, all I get are GM calls using the word nerf.

Seriously. You're insulting us both when you do that.

Let's look at some "adjustment" related GM calls.

GM Call Description: Why did they nerf BST?

GM Call Description: Dont nerf BLM

GM Call Description: OMGWTFLOLORZ! TEH BLM IZ GET DA NERF!

First off, I'm not a freakin' programmer. I'm not on the development team.

They don't ask my opinion on anything.

So, bothering me about it is just wasting both of our time. And I have stuff to do. Botters just don't horrible mutilate themselves.

I'm a busy man.

Second, when you use the word nerf, you make yourself look stupid.

It had a meaning once. It did. It was an apt term that described a non-helpful change to a job class.

But now, the drooling masses of forum trolls haved warped and betrayed its meaning so terribly, that it means nothing. Its true intention has been lost in a sea of exclamation points and bad grammar.

GM Call Description: They nerfed my sword. I'm doing less damage.

GM Call Description: My keyboard is nerfed. The L key sticks a little.

Gm Call Description: The grammar center of my brain done got nerfed.

STOP USING THE DAMNED WORD!

The english language called. It says please stop. It gives up.

Yes, the word is fun to say. Nerf. It's kind of funny. But any serious point you are trying to make is now lost as the sheer stupidity of the word Nerf will overwhelm any logical thoughts around it.

Do you even pay attention to the word anymore? Honestly?

You skip right over it on forums, don't you? You see a thread marked "Job Nerf" and you read "OMG TEH NERF". And then you pass right on by knowing it's probably a complete waste of your time, effort, and brain cells.

Save the english language. Stop using the word nerf.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Canadian Autumn said...

Oh my goodness, your blog is hilarious!

Hello, GM Dave. I have steadily been reading your blog from the latest entry backwards to the first (yes, I know that's kind of dumb, and you hate dumb... but I don't know). Your life is Charmed by the things you do as much as it is Annoying by the people you have to do those things you do to.

Most of your entries are pure, stomach-aching hilarity, despite the fact that I haven't heard of the game you deal with before. Thank you for making my day a bit brighter with your wit. Cheers!

-Dominion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home