Saturday, January 02, 2010

Answers

Thanks everyone who sent me messages seeing how everything was going. This has been a REALLY crappy way to finish off the holidays, but at least I know you guys actually give a damn.

To answer some of your questions:

Yes, it is H1N1. They did all of the tests and they came back positive. I have no idea what those tests involve, but the doctors are quite sure.

Yes, he also has H1N1-related pneumonia. That explains the breathing difficulties. The doctor called it "double pneumonia" which means that he has it in both lungs, but sounds like something a four year old would say.

No, we haven't actually gotten in to see him. He's in some sort of Umbrella Corporation locked down isolation ward. I collected several gems and keycards, but no access yet. We're basically just hanging around the hospital trying to keep his wife and ourselves from going crazy.

Yes, I did a LOT of drinking on New Year's Eve. This has been a very bad few days and has brought up thoughts of my own mortality. I dealt with this like any real man would, by pouring alcohol on the problems until they go away or are bottled up or whatever.

Anyway, just wanted to keep you guys updated and I figured this would be easier than answering each e-mail individually.

Also, I am lazy.

And tired.

And a little hungry.

Mostly tired.

10 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Salt said...

Don't really know what to say.

Hang in there.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Cidolfas said...

I never know what to say in these situations. 8-( Other than "hope for the best, worrying is not going to do anyone any good." Which is easy to say but very hard to practice.

Hope everything turns out okay.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger amy said...

My best to you and Susan and to your friend's family. I've been watching and waiting for an update. You are all in my thoughts.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Saifer said...

Omg I laughed so hard @ the Umbrella part!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Alki said...

I hope for the best for you and your friends family.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Dorian Mode said...

Humor is a good sign. hope you and Susan continue to cope. Our thoughts and hopes are with you all. At least you have modern medicine (even if they do sometimes sound four years old).

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Pasifika said...

It's good to hear from you, even though the news aren't that good. Like everyone else here, I hope for the best.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Aen said...

Multi-focal pneumonia... ouch. I had it too, it's no joke, but good friends go a long way for recovery, not just meds.

He's lucky to have you guys.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Kulaudo said...

Use the gems you collected and go get a sandwich.

Then find a couch.

Tell your friend's wife that we, the internet, send our best wishes.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Hyrina said...

Hang in there, guy. I know it's a tough situation, but you sound like you're doing the best you can.

I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for checking in, let us know how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home