Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Still Valid

I didn't have a chance to read the comments on the last post until today. Things have been very hectic around here the past few days.

Damned Star Road.

Anyway, as I was reading the comments, I noticed that some people mentioned that the post was almost exactly a cut and paste from last year's Halloween post.

My wife suggested I apologize, but I'm not going to. My reasons for not apologizing are threefold:

1) [GM]Dave does not apologize

[GM]Dave is not burdened by such silly things as a conscience or "emotions". I do not feel bad for the things I do.

Yes, ever so rarely, I may analytically understand how something I have said may be construed as "wrong" or "offensive". I may offer up an apology as means of expressing that understanding, but not as an admission of remorse.

2) My points are still entirely valid

Re-reading last year's post, I will acknowledge certain "similarities" to my recent Halloween post.

While this does make the points I made seem less original, it does not make them any less valid.

People not wearing masks or costumes on Halloween immediately places them in the retarded category. This cannot be debated.

While my post may borrow from last year's, since the event that instigated both posts was repeated, my ranting is just as valid as it was when it was first written.

3) ... I kind of forgot I wrote it

Yeah, I totally forgot I wrote that. I was coming down off a SERIOUS sugar high and Susan was sick of listening to me bitch about the morons who came begging for food.

Seriously, one kid showed up wearing a hoodie and a backwards hat. He didn't even say Trick or Treat. He just shoved his pillowcase out and waited for me to put candy in it.

The fact that I did not throttle him shows just how much I've grown as both a person and a person who does not want to get arrested.

Susan, of course, was understanding of my anger.

She suggested I just go blog it out.

So I did.

My fingers still twitching from a near fatal glucose overdose, I sat down and just got my rant on. I just wrote whatever came into my Snicker-addled mind.

There was a moment, ever so brief, where I actually thought this sounded familiar. I'm pretty sure it was around the "organized begging".

I just thought I was stealing from someone else. No big deal.

Apparently, my brain was stealing from myself.

Damned brain.

Honestly, I'm actually a little impressed at how close the two posts were. I hadn't reread it until today, so you have to admit that's pretty impressive.

Sad, but impressive.

I'd never stoop so low as to copy and paste from my own posts. Just the idea of it makes me angry.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go eat tiny little Snickers bars until I calm down.

9 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Leut said...

Yet another deja vu moment...

Even the explanation posts like this have a taste of times of the past.

Good thing I'm far too lazy to look em up.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Sri said...

Don't make me go reread the archives AGAIN damn you...

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel this way EVERY year. I always get a group of people at my door with one person without a costume. Lazy!!! No Costume, No Candy, Preach on Brother Dave.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

Yeah, whether or not it has some similarities, it's still valid I agree.

Just do what my family does, Dave. Hand out left-over candy from last year to anyone well over age or out of costume.

Kids with great costumes get great candy. High school punks and/or those individuals who dress up as "everyday outfit man" get stale candy.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger tyranastrasz said...

I just finished re-reading the archives. No deja vu here. =P

And regardless of the last post having some similarities to the one from last year, I still found it funny.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger NorkNork said...

Organized Begging ... maybe you thought you were stealing from Terry Pratchett? ;-)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Meeka said...

Hell I'll hand out candy to adults who are dressed up if the costume is good :P But yeah, no costume no candy, go buy your own.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Leut said...

I just had a thought after reading Tyler's post. How's about rice cakes? You know the ones. Edible styrofoam. That'll learn 'em.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is the one benefit to living in an apartment or condo. You are essentially immune to trick-or-treaters, since there is no way to get to your door without entering into a shady looking building and/or passing through a locked barrier.

Anyway, maybe you should make this a Halloween tradition. Keep rewriting the same Halloween post and invent new ways to keep it funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home