Friday, January 09, 2009

I've Always Liked You

Have I mentioned lately how much I appreciate you, my readers?

I should mention that more often.

Without you, this whole blog wouldn't be worthwhile. It is you guys that make every word worth writing.

It is you that keeps my ever flickering faith in humanity alive.

Barely, but still.

Given the abuse that faith takes in the run of a general day, the fact I have even the barest sliver at all is incredible.

I have you to thank for that.

I want you to always know how appreciated you are. I consider you all my very good friends.

I know, I know. I'm getting all mushy.

Maybe we should talk about something completely unrelated.

Totally unrelated.

Hey, did you hear that SE is running a customer service survey about GMs?

...

What?

Oh... That stuff about us being friends?

Yeah, that was totally from the bottom of my heart.

I'm just making small talk about the customer service survey.

I really wouldn't want to influence your responses.

No, sir. Not me.

I want you to be completely honest. At no time should you be concerned that I could trace your IP address and enact a terrible vengeance upon you.

Try not to even think about it.

I mean, I could do that.

It's not even that hard.

But don't let that affect your decisions.

It'd scare the friggin' shit out of me, but just put it out of your mind.

You don't think I'd take out some obscene revenge on you, do you?

We're friends, right?

I wouldn't send an incendiary device to a friend.

Of course, friends don't talk shit about friends on quality assurance surveys either.

I'm just saying.

15 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"friends don't talk shit about friends on quality assurance surveys either." Total bumper sticker material, lol.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Meeka said...

Dear SE,
In response to your survey I would like to say that GMDave is an incredible asset to your company. His ability to go above and beyond to consistently provide top quality customer service is appreciated beyond measure by the citizens of Vana'diel.
I would also like to make it known that this is an opinion completely uninfluenced by threats to my very existance.
Thank you.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger RurouniZanza said...

So like, I have a list of people that are complete douche bags in FFXI. And man, the game would be so much better without people like them.

On a completely unrelated note about today's post as well.

I sure wished a GM would ask me their names and ban them.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger S-Dell said...

I won't say anything bad about you. Because I don't bother GMs and they don't bother me.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger zero said...

you know, I'd like to see a few people leave a message like Blueyez has written...

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Mali said...

\o/ i did the survey! perfect gm! keep up the good work! ....lmao

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Sisyphus said...

[GM]Dave, I wish more GM's had your realistic outlook on the playerbase.
I met you once, or at least I think it was you. I was the Taru that fell under the docks in Kazham. You were the GM spamming my chat window with "Press Ctrl+R to reply." (Figures you show up when I'm in the Throne Room) You were helpful, quick, and didn't spend five minutes trying to sell me something. You got me free, and we both went about our business.
Just because someone pays 13$ to play a game does not mean they're not a flaming douche. More GM's should be like you. And more players should be fed to dragons.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

I gave the GM service like a perfect score. I've never had a problem when contacting or utilizing the service at all. In fact, I haven't really had much problem with any customer service stuff before.

Then I read this with the absolute sincerity radiating off of my computer screen, and I knew I did the right thing with the survey.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Cidolfas said...

Do you still appreciate me if I don't play FFXI?

...Just asking.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Orion said...

"friends don't talk shit about friends on quality assurance surveys either."

ouch... this is fairly reminicent of my own situation @ work..

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Aen said...

Dear SE,

[GM]Dave is the patron Saint of poetic justice. His swift and vengeful disposal of RMTs, cheat, and overall perpetrators of retardedness is essential to te ealt of FFXI.

I recommend a mandatory training program for all GMs to encourage his quality ensuring practices. Though I am as frightened as you are at the concept of an arm of Daves, I think FFXI will be better for it.

The revolution is coming!
Aen

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I thought Dave was drunk (AGAIN), for the fist half.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

just leme pet Jorggy once before u have him eat me

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The question is, do banned users get to participate? If not, Dave should be safe.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger J. Scarper said...

"Jorggy"?! Ho shit, you so gonna be eaten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home