Saturday, November 22, 2008

FINALLY!

Apparently, Santa got my letter.

In case you have not heard, SE has announced that Shantotto will be playable in the upcoming Final Fantasy Dissidia fighting game.

Anyone who has ever played FFXI is probably on their way to line up for this game.

I know I'd line up to beat the hell out of that little Taru bitch.

This is like finding out that your third grade math teacher who gave you detention every day is going to be in the UFC.

That's worth a freakin' ticket.

If you're not familiar with Shantotto, count yourself lucky.

Honestly, this is about the best choice they could have...

Wait...

Why the hell wasn't I picked?

I would have MADE that damned game.

Imagine... Every round would end with me calling my opponent a retard.

Maybe I could urinate on their corpse.

My finishing move would be to summon Jormy.

I'm not sure how they'd fit him on the screen. Maybe everything would just go purple and then you watch a cutscene of the inside of a dragon's stomach.

You know... This is starting to sound like a really great idea. I should send this off to corporate.

Could you imagine if all of my readers went out to buy this game?

That'd be like 4 more copies.

Totally worth it.

Final Fantasy Davidia.

Damn... I'm a genius.

16 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Baka said...

I agree with GM Dave, but at the same time... shoulda been Ajido-Marujido if they wanted a bad ass FFXI character...

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Koru-Moru, it'd be awesome to fight as him and sling insults around. >:D

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Dude, she's my favorite person in the whole game. How could anyone hate her?

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Church said...

I'm all for [GM]Dave as a Dissidia character.

Shantotto is a cool choice, but, where's the Matt?

I mean, I know we've all beat the hell outta the old guy, but, perma asuran fists, c'mon.

Am I the only one that thinks chaos kinda looks like the shadow lord?

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger TheAnaconda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger TheAnaconda said...

holy crap, Shantotto? I was worried that they might skip XI entirely, but I totally wasn't expecting something this awesome!

and she's being voiced by Megumi Hayashibara, the news gets even better!

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Baren said...

I took a look at the official site and didn't see Shantotto on there, but she was listed on the wiki article. I'm just a little confused now...

I can see it now, [GM]Dave final attack: Deluxe Package!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger semele said...

4 more copies? You could get almost 10! :p

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Othirem said...

I can't wait for this game to hit North America. I already have the soundtrack on preorder.

Oh, and Church, it is possible that the Shadow Lord was based off of Chaos, but the design for Chaos in this game was using his original Amano artwork back in the '80s.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

There's a few characters in XI that I'd be happy seeing. Aldo, Tenzen, Prishe, Zeid, Selh'teus, Kam'lanaut, Eald'narche, or basically anyone at all from the Crystal War.

Maat. Definitely Maat.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That game looked awesome. Out of curiosity though whatever happened to that fan art you requested? You said you'd post the good ones.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

I'd buy it. :)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Rumplfugly said...

I see a sequal to Final Fantasy Davidia.

Final Fantasy Jormy.

Basically, the world dies in a comical, yet equally amazing, purple armageddon. that's worth at least 50 bucks right there.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Bobby said...

So wait.... You mean to tell me I can continuously stab Shantoto with a host of Final Fantasy heroes AND villians?

Seriously?

I can have Sephiroth plunge Masamune into her throat? Facestab her with a Gunblade and pull the trigger, or even Climhazzard her as much as I want, when I want?

It truly is a holiday miracle!

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys.. they show 9999 Brave on Shantoto in the screenshots.


Shantoto is going to be the Ryu of FFXI. The hax character all the obsessives use to spam bullshit unavoidable attacks at you for an auto win.

Get ready to have her "ohohohoho"ing over your corpse a lot.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Nummies said...

I totally agree on every level except one!!

...

What if the person controlling you was a retard?

and what if they lost.. to shantotto... O.o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home