Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Okay, Okay. I Get It.

Remember last month when I said someone would have to remind me when it came time for the new fan pack?

That was a joke.

This morning, I opened my e-mail to find several e-mails from readers reminding me that it's almost time for the next fan pack.

Some were nice. They said things like "Hey, I just wanted to help remind you" or "Hey, I thought I would mention..."

Some were not nice. They said things like "Hey, get off your lazy ass and get to work."

In their defense, I was on my ass and it has been described as a lazy one.

Some of them... Well, some of them were trying to sell me penis enlargement products.

...

I'm hoping that's not related to the fan pack.

Anyway, to ease the minds of my helpful readers (and hopefully slow the tide of e-mails), I am, yes, aware that the fan pack is due next week.

Usual rules apply. Anyone who donates $5 or more since the last fan pack becomes a member of the official [GM]Dave fan club.

Fan club membership includes:

- a fan pack filled with exclusive stories, articles, and whatever pictures I can cobble together in Paint

- my eternal gratitude*

- a place aboard the escape craft I'm fashioning to locate and colonize our new planet, Daveonia**

* gratitude may not be eternal

** hot chicks get preferential seating


Also, I thought this would be a good time to answer some related questions:

1) I have an idea for a theme week...

Yes, the theme week offer will continue. I've been finding it very interesting to discuss things that readers want to know about.

The highest donator will be given the opportunity to create their own theme week idea and I will write about whatever they choose.

You want a week of me making fun of WoW? You got it.

Honestly, the whole thing gives me the chance to broaden the horizons of the blog and rant about a whole new variety of things that piss me off.

Plus, some of the ideas I've heard sound very interesting.

Except that one about Furries.

Yuck.

2) Can I possibly get older fan packs that I missed because [insert reason here]?

That's not a problem. Just let me know what packs you have missed and I'm sure we can work something out.

Muwahahahahaha!

Wait... Did I type out the evil laugh again?

...

Dammit.

3) How can I be awesome like you?

You can't.

Sorry.*

* Not really sorry

So, one week from today (roughly), the new fan pack will be sent out. I've spent the month working on some ideas and I've got some great ideas for the fan pack.

This could be the best one yet.

...

Why are you still reading this?

Shouldn't you be donating?

All the cool kids are doing it.

9 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making fun of WoW is just too easy though. Still funny, but there's so much to make fun of!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Dark Blaze said...

Making fun of weeaboos would be a lot more interesting IMO. I understand watching the anime, but dressing up as sailor moon (and the guy is a large tough looking black guy) is a bit over the top. So as to get rid of all the "that's racist" people, I'm black too :).

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Bufuman said...

I need to start donating more money. I REALLY want to see the Stupidity Awards again. At the very least, I'd like to see you get back to basics with some idiot stories. We haven't seen one of them in a while. Unless you count some of the fan pack stories.

P.S. Do more stories like the one about the ninja lotter. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at that one.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Bufuman said...

Oh, and sorry about the penis emails. I'd joke that Susan put me up to it, but I'm rather fond of my own body, and would prefer it to remain in a state other than "dragon presents".

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Kahsha said...

"...I've spent the month working on some ideas and I've got some great ideas for the fan pack..."

I read this as:

I've spent the month doing absolutely nothing for the fan pack, so I'll be throwing something together in the next week for you.

hehe :P

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Fiye said...

Someone should a theme week for [GM] Batman.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Ricardo said...

There should be a Smithy theme week.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Ben Yuscavage said...

There should be a theme week about Kool-Aid. A whole 2 sections could go on about how he jumps through the wall and yells "Oh yeah!" all the time.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

I've written...
One(1) 4600 word essay,
One(1) 6800 word essay, and
One(1) four-verse song
all on why WoW sucks. Dave, if you'd like some three-day insider info on that game, I could give it to you.

Oh World of Warcrap sucks, it's a really shitty game, all the graphics blow, they'll make you go insane...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home