Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Do Not Want One Of These

I saw this posted on one of my favorite gaming sites and just had to mention it.

For the low, low price of just $1300, you can own an exact duplicate of the helmet worn by Judge Master Gabranth from FFXII.




That's right. Just $1300.

No, that is not a typo.

$1300.

As in, you could buy a PS3, an Xbox360, and a Wii, $1300.

But are any of those a helmet? No.

Of course, if you have $1300 lying around and nothing better to do, I'm sure you could fashion a sweet fricken' helmet out of a PS3, an Xbox360, and a Wii.

But why bother to do that when someone will just give you a helmet.

For $1300.

Think of all the amazing things you could do in this helmet:

1) admire your new helmet in a mirror

2) play video games while wearing your new helmet

3) wonder how the hell you're going to pay rent or buy food in your new helmet

The possibilities are endless.

Actually... That's pretty much it.

You're sitting around in a helmet.

A $1300 helmet.

I honestly don't know which is worse: the fact that someone is actually going to buy this helmet or the fact that I want one sooooooo bad.

I have no idea why I want it, but I do.

Unfortunately, my better judgment (read: Susan) keeps me from spending so much money (that I don't have) on a helmet.

$1300.

How much do you think I can get for a baby on ebay?

No.

No, no, no.

I couldn't possibly do that.

*checks ebay's terms of service*

I couldn't possibly do that.

Dammit.

12 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Meilin said...

You should offer those who send you a GM call the chance to "resolve" their problems with the low price of $1300! If these idiots will give out their account info, bank info is just fair game. >_>;

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

There are "other" methods for ridding yourself of the anchor... and making slight profit.

Try a sex slave market... baby white females go for quite a profit there.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Bufuman said...

I'm sure Jormungand would be more than willing to help you raise the cash. Or better yet, raid the establishment that houses that helmet and eat anyone that gets in your way. Hell, just go for the latter. You'd get your helmet, and he'd get to eat people. It's a winning situation for all! Well, all that matter, anyway.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Sparf said...

You could take a page from the BOFH and extort money out of RMTs

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Azophael said...

I like the facemask of that helmet, but the horns look ugly.....though 1300 dollar? Seems you need to get people into a donation frenzy

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Jenivix said...

Hehe. No no I quite agree, you do not want one of those... I do not want one of those,... Who am I kidding? I want one of these and OMG I would be mocked as a re-enactor... belittled, I'd never live it down... but hell.. it would be worth it. So very, very worth it... Playing FF... in the helmet.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Slappy said...

Set yourself up as a gilseller then after they pay you ban them it would be the best of both worlds.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aha, that reminds me of a custom .dat fileset that was made for Hume males, complete Judge Gabranth set of armor. (not that I endorse modifying game files in ANY way >>")

Though the fact that this helmet is real makes it that much cooler. 'Shame about the price though, at least that means not everybody and his dog is going to have one, like those Master Chief helmets.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh... that is a rather sweet helmet... I don't know what it is about swords and armor, but us guys just seem drawn to them (I fell for shelling out $100 on a sword once... what the heck am I going to do with a sword? I dunno... but I got one!).

I'll put that on my "items that are friggin' cool but which I'll never own" list, right underneath the gold plated Masterpiece edition of Optimus Prime.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

silly boys. Anyone with any good sense knows that if you have $1300 to blow on just one item clearly it should be jewelry. It can be used on a daily basis and you dont have to figure out how to dust the odd nooks and cranies in that helmet. This is why men need women in their lives. To keep you clear on these things.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Um.... who the heck let a woman in?

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Strings said...

Reminds me of a statue that was offered many years ago: a life-size C-3PO. They wanted a couple grand for it. When Anthony Daniels heard about it, his remarks was "Why would anyone want THAT? To stick in their bathroom? Hell... they could pay ME the oney, and I'd stand in their bathroom for them!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home