Friday, November 10, 2006

Chocobo Breeding

Sigh.

After spending about a half a million gil on my chocobo, the damned thing was still level retarded.
It was poor in everything, was plain yellow, and ran about as fast as an obese Galka.

All in all, I was not impressed.

I decided to retire that chocobo and focus all of my efforts on a new one.

Rather than leaving it to chance, though, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I sought out two incredible parent chocobos.

The father was sleek, black chocobo. He was built for strength and endurance. I have no idea what kind of steroids the player was feeding this thing, but I really don't give a damn.

Also, this will prepare him should he want to be a baseball player.

The mother was a perfect blue chocobo. Her owner had raised her for speed and stamina.

Both owners charged me a hefty price for their cards. I honestly don't blame them, though. Given the amount of work both of them must have out in to their chocobos, they actually deserved it.

Still, I had cards from two of the best chocobos on the server.

Sounds perfect, right?

So, I get a card from each parent, book some "breeding time" for the two and sit back and wait for my egg. This is the beauty of the chocobo bredding system. I just tell them when and the two chocobos get right down to it and make me an egg.

Bow chikka wark wark.

The next day, I got my nice, new warm egg.

This egg would no doubt hatch and create the ultimate chocobo. It would be either black or blue, built to be strong and fast, and will be able to do the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs.

What could go wrong?

The egg hatched and out popped my new baby chick. How cute.

And I care for the thing.

Oh, forget about leveling or Dynamis runs, or all that other silliness. I need to spend my time walking my chocobo.

But I did it. It sucked, but I did it.

And I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Finally, today I log in to check on my baby chocobo. But, oh no, he's not a baby anymore.

He's finally reached adolesence.

And look at him. Look at those strong legs and black wing tips.

That's funny...

That black looks awfully white to me.

Huh.

Must be something weird going on. White wing tips mean it's just a plain old yellow chocobo.

Obviously, there must be something wrong. There's no way my perfect creation could end up a normal yellow chocobo.

Okay, okay. Don't panic.

You didn't5 get a good color, but the traits on the thing must be spectacular.

Let's have a quick...

That's funny...

Did they redefine "substandard" to mean really freakin' good?

To recap: I obtain a useless yellow chocobo. So, I spent half a million gil raising a useless yellow chocobo.

I then spend a small fortune on chocobo breeding cards.

I then spend even more money raising a new baby chick.

And what do I get?

A useless yellow chocobo.

Man, that was so worth it.

On an unrelated note, I have to go run an electromagnet over all of the servers.

23 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I got a stupid yellow and retired mine too, haven't decided if I want to try again right now, cause it just costed way too much for a plain yellow choco.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Cruven said...

lol poor dave.

thats one of the reasons i refrain from Choco raising. the other reason is i don't have money for it.

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im guessing the people selling the cards didnt have those chocobos unless they showed you they were black and blue

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Kiwi said...

Ahhh... Cruven... The question to the answer to Life, the Universe...and Everything.

What is six multiplied by nine.

42. ::nod::

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger WanderingJ said...

Bow chikka wark wark.

Forget anything I ever said before. THAT is the best line ever. XD

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Justine said...

I did the exact same thing, and bred to get a blue one... and on day 26 right now, she's gonna be yellow >.>

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Kiwi said...

Why am I being poked. o_o!! I didn't do it. You can't prove it. I destroyed the evidence... I mean... umm.. hi. lol

And yes...

Bow chikka wark wark

best line from the post. heehee

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger AdoringFan said...

Funny... I want togive some advice... for beign a GM you think you would know this type of thing, after all you do work for the company who made the game!

First of, to get a black or blue chocobo you have to feed it Paracite worms. Then whether your chocobo is happy or not is if its blue or black. To raise its statis effects, you need to breed chocobos together. For example if one chocobo has alot of stamina and the other has speed then your baby will be a bird with stamina and speed. Your bird is born with the gift not earned. So honistly to get the ultimate chocobo will take years.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kite said...

I just got my normal, yellow chocobo to stop acting like an emobo. Am on day 80 now and I'm not giving up until I see the stats I like! Then I will try getting a coloured one.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger WanderingJ said...

You didn't5

OMG SECRET 5!

*Zelda item music plays*

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Meroduin said...

Psst... adoringfan....

YOU'RE WRONG.

Color is randomly determined, and has almost nothing to do with worms.

Case in point: I fed my chick one cupid and two parasite worms. It's now got red tailfeathers.

Yay me!

Also, those of you who bitch about high prices should insted of wasting all day at the stables should take five minutes to grow your own damn chocobo feed. Seriously.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger AdoringFan said...

Psst... adoringfan....

YOU'RE WRONG.

Color is randomly determined, and has almost nothing to do with worms.


Yea... Im wrong... fidn me the link where it proves im wrong and ill admit it. I have friends in high places and they told me that is how you get a chocobo. Cupid worms give you red chocobo.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choco-genetics and food mean nothing.

I gave all I could to my first chicken damn thing was yellow...

So I started my plan on buying eggs doing nothing until the are chocoteens and see what color they are.

I got a blue on my first try. I didnt feed or care for it for 19 days so I just fed it a Cupid to stop that. It is now at "a bit" on strength.(Named it Bleu Blaue.)

A friend and I bred both our blue chocobos aswell, so I will see what it gives when this current one is at perfect stats.

{First post on this site, keep up the funny.}

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your chocobo has recessive traits that might come out later. I think you have to breed multiple times to get the desired outcome. Just like RL breeding.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Christian said...

I got a blue chocobo and all I fed him were regular ol' greens...

So much for your color theory eh adoringfan?

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L
O
L

Yeah well my chicken turned out blue, is called Fatty and lives on a diet of ol'greens and neglect

so much for the worm theory

does she have a sister? oh... the're twins!?! Bow Chicka Wark Wark

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

yo holla! i gots me a black chocobo and allz i fed dat mofo was "green" yo! holla! right dis moment she be gettin dicked up by a red choco fa sho holla!

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a black chocobo named OmegaBlade on Pandemonium. I did nothing special to get her black. Hell, my computer crashed, and I couldn't take care of her for like two weeks. So she sucks in everything. I managed to get her strength to substandard, but in the process, she hates me. I'm breeding a new chocobo with someone's card from my Linkshell. Maybe this one would turn out better. But believe color is random. Gonna have to start gardening some new chocobo feed if I want to have a new chocobo.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comic comes to mind.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=72

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know how many people have pointed out that in

So, I get a card from each parent, book some "breeding time" for the two and sit back and wait for my egg. This is the beauty of the chocobo bredding system. I just tell them when and the two chocobos get right down to it and make me an egg.


The word is breeding not bredding

And like you... i have many pet-peeves... with gilsellers... and people that dont know how to spell jack squat.

But on a friendly note... I was very happy with this blog... i commend you.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonce upan ai tym ther wuz to kidds inn skool. won uv thees chillins choze too phocus hiz eforts un sumthing importent lyke

medicyne. Twoday hee iz a doktor annd helpps poeple phil beter. thee oter chyld studdyd speling. Nao hei werks az a

sectrataree four hiz luver hu iz a speling profesor annd crys abouut oter poeoples speling. hiz liaf iz meeningles butt he is

ible too spel Breeding.

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

防静电地板
传奇私服
气枪
仿真枪
防窜货
无负压
猎头
猎头公司
猎头顾问
广州猎头
上海猎头
北京猎头
猎头公司
发电机
发电机组
发电机出租
发电设备
发电机租赁
租赁发电机
康明斯
出租发电机
空气过滤器
北京婚庆
北京婚庆公司
安全工程师
造价工程师
房地产估价师
进销存软件
进销存
erp软件
生产管理软件


瑜伽
北京瑜伽
瑜伽教练培训
肚皮舞
肚皮舞培训
云台
监控器材
分配器
301云台
公共广播
中央空调
家用中央空调
格力中央空调
中央吸尘|商用中央吸尘|家用中央吸尘|工业中央吸尘|别墅中央

吸尘

家用中央清扫系统|宾馆吸尘|中央吸尘系统|别墅吸尘
拆除
拆除公司
建筑物拆除


鱼鳞病
不锈钢水箱
防雷
防雷器
职业装
大屏幕
快速熔断器
高压熔断器
低压熔断器
熔断器
按钮
塔钟
法语
西服
西装
按钮开关
船型开关
微动开关
钥匙开关
旋转开关
润滑油
连接器
3C代理
强制认证
新开传奇私服
日光温室
节水
rohs认证
传奇私服
最新传奇私服
新开传奇私服
新开传奇
新开私服
跑步机

汽车进口
法语培训
婚纱摄影
最新传奇私服
山东助听器信息网
上海助听器总汇
北京助听器
助听器
贵州助听器信息港
名品助听器(南京)直销店
广西助听器验配网
杭州 助听器验配中心
广东 助听器总汇
海参
紫外线消毒器|搪瓷水箱
进口轴承
轴承
进口轴承
玻璃钢水箱|无负压
进口轴承
网站优化|google优化|google推广|google排名


网站建设 北京|北京网页设计|北京网站制作|北京网站推广
北京网站建设|双线空间
虚拟主机|双线空间|asp空间|
非油品
中石化
冬虫夏草

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

GOOGLE推荐广告:南京麦瑞货架公司专业制造液压升降机,液压升降平台,液压升降台, 固定式登车桥,木托盘,纸托盘,钢托盘,南京托盘,北京托盘,南京塑料托盘,北京塑料托盘,上海塑料托盘,苏州塑料托盘,天津塑料托盘,宁波塑料托盘,青岛塑料托盘,重庆塑料托盘,北京仓储笼,天津仓储笼,上海仓储笼,重庆仓储笼,南京仓储笼,苏州仓储笼,无锡仓储笼,常州仓储笼,北京木托盘,熏蒸木托盘,上海塑木托盘,蜂窝纸托盘,南京钢托盘,铁皮文件柜,钢制文件柜,金属工具柜,铁制工具柜,电子零件柜,防静电工作台,重型工作桌,塑料垃圾桶,不锈钢垃圾桶,智能垃圾桶,南京静音手推车,上海静音手推车,北京静音手推车,南京超市货架,北京超市货架,苏州仓储货架,南京仓储货架,北京货架厂,南京货架厂,北京货架厂,北京货架厂家,北京货架公司,广州货架厂,广州货架厂家,广州货架公司,南京货架厂,南京货架厂家,南京货架公司,北京货架公司,天津货架公司,上海货架公司,深圳货架厂,深圳货架厂家,深圳货架公司,服装货架厂,服装货架图片,金属置物架,厨房置物架,玻璃置物架,手动液压托盘车价格,手动液压托盘车图片,手动液压托盘搬运车图片,登高车图片,液压登高车,物流手推车,超市手推车,电动堆垛车|电动堆高车|半电动堆高车|半电动堆垛车|手动堆垛车|手动堆高车|堆垛车|堆高车|油桶搬运车|圆桶搬运车|高起升搬运车|不锈钢搬运车|电子秤搬运车|电动搬运车|半电动搬运车|液压托盘搬运车

 

Post a Comment

<< Home