Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Brief Interlude

Some days, I just have to rant.

Yes, yes. I know this is [GM]Dave Vs. the NMs week. Well, it seems I've discovered a new NM.

It's name is Wannabe the Re'tarded.

Seriously, I ran across what could quite possibly be the worst player in all of FFXI.

Now, given what you have read on my blog, can you even begin to imagine how bad someone would have to be to be the worst player ever?

I was partying in Yuhtunga Jungle and was actually having a pretty good day. I had finally gotten my Empress Pin and was ready to put it to use.

Unfortunately, the servers were basically empty today. Apparently, the combined power of Halloween parties, alcohol, candy, and the release of FFXII was able to overcome many people's carefully nurtured addiction.

We'll have to work on that.

Anyway, I managed somehow to get a party together from the few people who were actually online. Seemed like a nice enough group.

Here's where you're probably thinking one of them turned out to be retarded.

You'd be wrong.

See, the moron in question was never actually in my party.

Instead, this guy tried to start his own party. And when he found that no one wanted to party with him, he started harassing my party.

Not for a spot, mind you. Oh, no.

He started sending tells to our White Mage and Bard asking them to start up a new party with him.

Gee... Let's see... Stay with the party we already have or go with an absolute f%^&tard just because he asks?

Decisions, decisions.

Of course, the White Mage and Bard turned him down.

But does he stop? Of course not.

He starts harassing them with tells trying to get them to leave a working party.

Does this make him the dumbest player ever? No.

Close. But no.

That's when the guy runs into our camp. He's a level 26 Thief...

In level 10 equipment.

Level 10.

The mind reels.

But it gets worse.

When they won't leave our party to go with Gimp the Boy Wonder, he starts following us. Yes, following us.

He doesn't have time to farm for new equipment, but he has time to stalk us.

What's wrong with people?

I blame the schools.

Finally, I just lost it.

Dave>> Man, would you go the hell away?
Player>> No.
Player>> It's a free country.

Okay, that right there pisses me off.

Yes, it's a free country. You're free to do pretty much whatever you want. That's great.

Except that doesn't mean you should feel free to be a psychotic retard.

It just means you can't be arrested for it.

Yet.

This is the kind of argument morons use. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something.

Dave>> We get it, okay?
Dave>> No one likes you.
Dave>> It's okay to cry.
Player>> stfu
Dave>> (( I'm sorry.
)) I don't speak retarded.
Dave>> (( Please use the auto-translate function. ))
Player>> I don't see why they're even partied with you.
Dave>> Maybe because I'm not wearing level 10 gear.
Dave>> Just a thought.
Player>> You're such a n00b.
Dave>> Hold on a second...
Dave>> Let me get this straight.
Dave>> You...
Dave>> You are calling me a n00b?
Player>> Yeah.
Dave>> ...
Dave>> I think my head just imploded.
Player>> I'm calling a GM on you.

Irony.

Dave>> For what exactly?
Player>> You're harassing me.
Dave>> That's funny.
Dave>> Aren't you the one following us?
Player>> It's a free country.
Dave>> Wow.
Dave>> Apparently, stupidity is circular.
Player>> I'm so getting you banned, asshole.

I politely excused myself from my party for a minute and logged into my GM account.

*Ding*

Gee, I wonder who that's from.

GM Call Description: Player harassing me over gear.

Oh, damn, I was going to have some fun.


[GM]Dave>> Hail, Adventurer.
[GM]Dave>> I understand you're being harassed.
Player>> Yeah, that guy over there won't leave me alone.
[GM]Dave>> Why is he harassing you?
Player>> He's making fun of my gear.
[GM]Dave>> And?
Player>> That's against the rules.
[GM]Dave>> Oh, who reads those things anyway?
[GM]Dave>> I prefer to make it up as I go.
Player>> Stop him.
[GM]Dave>> I can't stop him for two reasons.
[GM]Dave>> Number one is he does have freedom of speech.
Player>> What's the other reason?
[GM]Dave>> Well, that's because your gear is level retarded.
[GM]Dave>> Can't really punish him for a simple observation.
Player>> He's not allowed to do that.
Player>> It's harassment.
[GM]Dave>> Oh, I've got a reason for that, too.
Player>> What?
[GM]Dave>> It's a free country.

We debated the finer points of social interactions and interpersonal skills.

He made some interesting points about social freedoms.

I made some interesting points about the feeding habits of dragons.

I think we both learned a lot.

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Drew said...

yay first comment! I laughed for a while at the "we'll have to work on that." LMAO!

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

ok yo i gotsta say... dat nikka shoulda str8 up got hiz azzzzz beat holllaa!!!!!!! w00t w00t wewt wewt wuht wuht wute wute!!!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

wwwaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Maverick said...

Being American, and also being Thief, If hes using scale mail, that's asking "Feed me to a dragon. And make me suffer doing it." Seriously people. Gimped players must die.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Maverick said...

Oh, Only if he's at lvl 17+ and using scale mail. Then use above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home