Thursday, October 05, 2006

If You Only Knew The Power...

As soon as I got home from work today, I knew something was wrong. Susan greeted me at the door, but the look on her face was not a happy one.

Susan>> Honey...
Susan>> We need to talk...

Immediately, my heart sank. There has never been a good conversation that started with the words "we need to talk".

You never "need" to talk about the good stuff.

It's never:

Person>> We need to talk...
Person>> You're getting a promotion.

Or:

Person>> We need to talk...
Person>> You just won a million dollars.

No, it's always:

Person>> We need to talk...
Person>> And by talk I mean I'm going to tear out your heart, show it to you, and then step on it.

Sigh.

Anyway, back to our story...

Susan>> Honey...
Susan>> We need to talk...
[GM]Dave>> Oh, crap.
Susan>> What?
Susan>> What's wrong?
[GM]Dave>> This is going to be bad.
Susan>> Why would you say that?
[GM]Dave>> Everytime you say that, something bad happens.
[GM]Dave>> It is the harbinger of my doom.
Susan>> That's not true.
[GM]Dave>> Well, is it good news?
Susan>> ...
Susan>> Not exactly...
[GM]Dave>> See? Told you.
[GM]Dave>> Harbinger, doom, me.
Susan>> It's just...
[GM]Dave>> What is it?
[GM]Dave>> It can't be that bad.

Silence.

[GM]Dave>> Or maybe it is.
[GM]Dave>> Crap.
Susan>> I don't know how to explain this.
Susan>> I did something terrible.

Good news: I'm not in trouble.

Bad news: When a woman admits to doing something terrible, it's very, very, very bad news.

[GM]Dave>> ... How terrible?

Silence.

[GM]Dave>> Crap.
Susan>> I didn't mean for this to...
Susan>> It just...
Susan>> It just happened.

Oh damn.

I knew what she was going to tell me. I could see it in her face, her eyes.

She had cheated on me.

I felt my heart lurch in my chest and wondered for a second if a man could die from a heart break.

There is no pain more agonizing, more terrible, more complete than knowing the person that you love has been with someone else. I cannot even begin to imagine anything as horrible as that.

She might as well have just reached in my chest and tore my heart out. It might have hurt less.

The fact that she could have cheated on me with another man was just... unimaginable. I don't think anything could have been worse than that.

But I had to hear it from her.

[GM]Dave>> What...
[GM]Dave>> What happened?
Susan>> I was out the other morning...
Susan>> You were at work...
Susan>> And...

She started to cry.

I wanted to.

[GM]Dave>> Go on.
[GM]Dave>> Tell me.
Susan>> I was shopping.
Susan>> Just picking up a few things and...
Susan>> I wasn't planning it, you know.
Susan>> I swear I wasn't planning for it to happen.
[GM]Dave>> What happened?
Susan>> I...
Susan>> I...
[GM]Dave>> Say it.

Here it was.

This was the moment when she would tear my heart out with just a few words.


Susan>> I tried Warcraft.

...

...

That's just freakin' wrong.

Susan>> Honey...
Susan>> Talk to me.
[GM]Dave>> How could you?
[GM]Dave>> HOW COULD YOU?!
Susan>> It just happened.
[GM]Dave>> NO IT DIDN'T!
[GM]Dave>> YOU WANTED IT TO HAPPEN!
Susan>> No, I didn't.
[GM]Dave>> YES, YOU DID!
[GM]Dave>> I...
[GM]Dave>> I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!
Susan>> Honey, calm down.
[GM]Dave>> DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!
Susan>> It didn't mean anything.
Susan>> It was just a free trial.
[GM]Dave>> Did you...
[GM]Dave>> Did you... go on a raid?
Susan>> ...
[GM]Dave>> OH GOD!!!
Susan>> Let me explain.
[GM]Dave>> I don't want to hear it.
[GM]Dave>> Just leave me alone.

I can't believe she could do something so terrible.

I mean couldn't she have just cheated on me or something?

Sleeping with another man would have been bad, but Warcraft?!

Now, that hurt.

25 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger REDKINOKO said...

1UP. Raid ROFLWOW

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger creature124 said...

the trials are tempting. But everyone knows womenfolk lack the mental resolve to stay away from them.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Carrin said...

Wow, she just goes for the hurt doesn't she.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Ark said...

WoW beats FFXI hands down, bizatches! >:D

I mean honestly, elves and orcs in FF is just so wrong. They fit Warcraft fine, but FF? Hell no.

Soz but that's just my own op.

At least she didn't cheat on you with another man. I think that's more important about what game she plays.

Ark

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger BenoSmash said...

I love the turn of events.

*Chuckles* Warcraft. That's funny.

*Mumbles* Stupid first post, gotta have it people.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Bwa ha ha! Soon Warcraft will rule them ALL!

=p Whatever. They're all just MMOs. It's all good.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warcraft ftw =)

Val.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Bellemithra said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny!!!

You gotta feed her to Jormy!!!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Cruven said...

Ugh...WoW is just Easy Prey compared to FFXI. Ive played it and for me it was more World of lagcraft then anything else. I have yet to figure out why i even bought it.

Dave you know what to do ;)

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

rofl..that's funny..i tried warcraft

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no...she played another game. Big deal. grow the #!@$! up. FFXI isn't better than WoW, and WoW isn't better than FFXI.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Kite said...

So they did a South Park ep on WoW... big deal. It just shows how that game is of an other level. Sure, FFXI and WoW are both MMORPG's, but they both attract different kind of players.

I got friends who play WoW and friends who play FFXI (including me). I have seen what both games can do to people.

Like Susan, even I considered playing WoW last year, but eventually I gave up on it. The graphics, the races, the colors, they just weren't my kind of thing. Instead I went for the semi-realistic FFXI (my girlfriend who played it had nothing to do with it).

Every big Final Fatasy fan should at least try FFXI once. You can alway put on the [GM]Dave sign and wait to be fed to a dragon if you want to quit.

Good post Dave, didn't see that one coming~!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Ark said...

To the clown named Shinkada, I have one thing to say to you:

That was two words. :P

And both games are different, so how about you people who hate WoW so much but haven't even tried it stop dissing the game and focus on playing FFXI. I'm perfectly capable of seeing that any game can have fans, and FFXI is obviously no exception.

And if you have played WoW but still hate it, then yeah read what I said above. Not every player of a game is going to like it.

Ark

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Ferdinand said...

To the clown named Arkaine:

He said "things," not "words."

Not that I agree with him on muscly elves or anything.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Darwin's Little Helper said...

I still play both FFXI and WoW

When I have a whole night to myself and a fair amount of vodka:

LFP for a few hours and exp a bit on FFXI.

If I have an hour or two to play:
WoW it is.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Kite said...

The way Zarquon and luther349 put it, makes me see it in a new perspective and I totally agree with their opinions.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger David "Riskichi" Savage said...

WoW > FFXI. And no, FFXI isn't harder than WoW, it's jsut more busy work to drag the bastard out.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger catwho said...

The big differential between the two that I noticed in my experiments with WoW is that FFXI has backbone stories and WoW doesn't. That makes a huge difference because there is another standard of measurement for your character other than level. I've actually "completed" two of FFXI's expansion backs and I'm roughly halfway through the base game's three storylines. WoW gave me a racial backstory and expected me to figure out the rest of the story from quests and other WoW games. I *like* the fact that 50+ hours of content in each expansion includes lots of movies and challenging boss fights. WoW had a nice opening movie, and that was it.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan needs to play EVE. Once she gets out in 0.4 and below space, and gets her first podkill (or ransom), she'll be hooked.

Nothing quite like blowing up someone's multi-million ISK investment and then ransoming their escape pod.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger DP-snapple said...

... I'm sorry. I know how it is to have someone you thought so highly of destroy all respect you have for them. My condolences.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Psx said...

(revisited) i think you know the outcome of this post, oh boy...

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Celina Jeff said...

I live and work in UK. My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a great spell caster called Robinson Buckler which i met online who brought my husband back to me. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about Robinson Buckler . Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, you can contact him on Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com.... https://robinbuckler.com/

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger LINDA said...

Hello my name is Linda i want to share my amazing experience with the greatest spell caster Dr irekenagba. my husband was cheating on me and when i found out we had a fight which lead to him filling for a divorce i cried and fell sick when i was searching about love quotes online i saw people talking about him and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info i contacted him and he told me not to worry that after 24hrs he will cancel the divorce and be back to me after i did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back,thank you once again Dr irekenagba you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you contact him on........
WhatsApp: +2347059630655
email: doctorirekenagba@gmail.com

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger LINDA said...

Hello my name is Linda i want to share my amazing experience with the greatest spell caster Dr irekenagba. my husband was cheating on me and when i found out we had a fight which lead to him filling for a divorce i cried and fell sick when i was searching about love quotes online i saw people talking about him and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info i contacted him and he told me not to worry that after 24hrs he will cancel the divorce and be back to me after i did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back,thank you once again Dr irekenagba you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you contact him on........
WhatsApp: +2347059630655
email: doctorirekenagba@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home