Sunday, September 24, 2006

MUWAHAHAHA!!!

The past few days have been an absolute nightmare at work.

It seems that there has been some form of network issue that brought the entire GM call system crashing to its knees.

We could still log into our GM characters as normal, but we couldn't receive any GM calls.

You can't imagine how terrible it has been.

Ha.

HAHA.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Man, the past few days have been a blast.

Imagine someone gave you near limitless power in the game, but you had to pay the terrible price of having to deal with retards.

Now, imagine you suddenly didn't have to deal with anyone.

Beautiful, isn't it?

Our supervisors came in, their brows furrowed in concern. They explained the situation in quiet, stressed tones and then quickly left the room.

You'd have thought it was New Year's Eve in Time Square. People were screaming and throwing papers. Everywhere there was merriment.

I think there was a pinata. I don't know why someone would have had a pinata on stand-by for just such an occasion, but candy's candy.

Then someone came up with an idea.

No, it was more than an idea.

It was an epiphany.

We all logged into one server and ran a GM-only Dynamis-Xarcabard.

It was insane. Mobs that could have wiped entire alliances of regular players were getting one-shotted. I personally handed the Dynamis Lord his ass.

We must have farmed up a few thousand in ancient currency and I don't even know how many pieces of AFB gear.

And then, do you know what we did with all of the items?

We threw them away.

Four people just died reading that sentence. They had a heart attack and died.

I have to admit, I had a lot of fun hanging out with the other GMs. As much as I hate other people, they are the least "people" group that I've ever met.

Unfortunately, we forgot to invite some of the tech guys. They actually went to work and got the system working again.

BOO! HISS!

It's cool, though. We made plans to play a huge game of hide-and-seek next time this happens.

Which should be pretty soon.

At least, if me and this electromagnet have anything to say about it.

6 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Gambler_Justice said...

Haha, great post.
First

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger TheAnaconda said...

cmon, doesnt everyone have a spare pinata on hand in case the team cant do their work? :D

and cheers for discarding all that valuable crap! its always fun to mess with people like that

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger REDKINOKO said...

PiƱatas, coworkers with glasses - there's not much difference to the baseball bat.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger azuza001 said...

My god that was great. I hope the 4 people who died were ideots.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Nirach said...

I don't play MMOrPG's (Because I don't care enough to build a character, and buying one is fucking stupid). Your blog, however, makes me laugh. I know, nearly every time, that the text goes purple, there is a red "Jormungand" related death coming.

Good stuff, it is. Hope you keep slaughtering the mentally disabled and providing me with entertainment.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger none said...

This was the first thing I saw upon firing up my RSS reader.

I was scared for the rest of the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home