Saturday, October 28, 2006

[GM]Dave Vs. The NMs - Vol. 3

Alternate Title: "Play That Funk Music, White Boy."

I'm not sure what possessed me to do it.

I was never a really big fan of Bard. Wow, you run into battle and instead of grabbing a sword, you decide to break out some tunes.

Congratulations, you're an iPod with legs.

But, for some reason, I decided to level Bard for a while. The job seemed more challenging than your average melee job and I figured I should at least give it a try.

Also, I figured this would be a great first step to my new rap battling career.

Now, starting out on Bard wasn't that bad. Play some songs, have some fun. You know, normal stuff.

Then I hit 17.

Every Bard reading this just went "Oh..."

I'm not an elitist when it comes to gear. I'm really not. As long as people are wearing even adequate gear, I'm usually pretty understanding.

But for my own character, I like to have the best of the best. It's just the way I am.

So hitting 17 on my Bard presented me with a problem. I needed a Monster Signa.

I didn't have a Monster Signa.

I also didn't have any money.

Crap.

So, I'm stuck camping Hoo Mjuu the Torrent...

Sigh.

While not as depressing as the Dunes, Giddeus has far fewer people. Far, far fewer people.

If you do a search of Giddeus, here's the people you'll find:

15 people camping Hoo Mjuu
3 people farming Yagudo Necklaces
1 retard who is lost

This means that, at most, you'll only have 4 people to talk to.

Unless you speak Chinese...

Fortunately, my dislike for people makes this a great selling point.

I spent a little over a week camping this bastard. Each day was kill the placeholders, wait. Kill the placeholders, wait. See Hoo Mjuu pop already claimed. Sigh. Kill the placeholders, wait.

My inate stubbornness kept me from quitting. I refused to be beaten by some silly NM.

And each time that I managed to get claim, I would sit there with bated breath, fingers crossed, only to have my hopes dashed.

But, no. I would not be beaten.

I could not be beaten.

So, I camped and camped and camped...

Finally, on my last day is Giddeus, I looked around to find a most wonderous, amazing phenomenon.

I was the only one camping Hoo Mjuu at the time.

Then, as if reading my mind, he popped directly in front of me.

I easily got claim and then went to the slow work of taking his life points.

As they began to dwindle, I prepared myself for the impending disappointment. I knew it wouldn't drop, but at least I would be ready.

And then, Hoo Mjuu died at my hand.

You find a Monster Signa on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent.
You obtained a Monster Signa.

Wait...

It dropped.

It actually dropped.

My hard work had finally paid off and I sat in front of my computer cheering.

I went back to Windurst, changed jobs, and equipped my pretty new Signa.

That's when I realized something. Something that had not occurred to me as I spent day after day camping.

I don't even like playing Bard.

As a matter of fact, I hated playing Bard.

Why in the hell did I even camp this thing in the first place?

What the hell?

I don't see anything wrong with spending seven straight days playing a game.

That's just how we roll.

But to spend seven straight days you could have been playing instead sitting in one spot trying to mash macro keys before the other guy mashes his...

That shit is just crazy.

No thank you, sir. Not for me. I swore that I would never do something that stupid again.

So, I was camping Stroper Chyme...

8 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Drew said...

wow only a week? Took me 4 weeks to get drop from him, 8 claims. xD

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Bellemithra said...

"Congratulations, you're an iPod with legs."

Thank you Dave. I managed to spit out my coffee ....again... >.<

Awesome post! Keep em comin'!

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still amazed you don't have some magical GM mojo voodoo that allows you to magically voodoo mojo get whatever you want.

But then, I play WoW and don't believe in GMs, anyway.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

hey bob why dont you stop bein wack fo 2 seconds yo! ya know wuts boring? yo cracka azz foo! go complain to yo momma cuz we all know u iz 45 and u still on da titty hahaha!!! wesside!! bloop bloop!!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Cruven said...

Ive never camped for the Signa myself, but one of my LS mates have...i think he's at 0/57 or so. I feel so busy (even when im just standing around jeuno for no apparent reason) that i can't camp NMs...except its more Don't then can't...i had a fun enough time getting Carbuncles ruby.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Meroduin said...

So the first time I ever 'camped' Hoo Mjuu the Dirtybastardwhoneverdropsastaffwhenyouneedhimto, I was with a friend and I had just started ninja actually. We were actually there for necklaces and were having a fun game of Yagudo Roundup when he suggessted trying to claim Hoo Mjuu the Filthyyagudosonofabitchwhoonlygivesastafftogilsellingcrackbabies.
It seemed like a good idea, so we paused in our Yagudo killing spree and went to go camp. Hoo Mjuu the Staffwhatstafflolyoudon'tgetastaff popped shortly thereafter and ... he dropped the Signa.

I did mention I was with a friend right? A friend who wasn't interested in my mythical 'someday I'll level bard' nonsense. "If you really need one," he said, "I'll camp it with you again." So we sold it and split 50/50. Months later, I started bard, and thought to myself, "How bad can it be? I'll just camp him again."

The answer is, it can be Hoo Mjuu bad.

I borrowed the damn thing whenever I could, and my bard is now 45 and I finally broke down and just bought one. Then OH THE IRONY I came into poessesion of a Chanter's Staff.

I Hate Huu Mjuu the Torrent.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Kerensky said...

ah yes.. I think I just bought this item.. :S when it was cheap.. it was cheap.. it should be again cheap..

also the bf who filed the gm call should be dragon food. stur chum in the water. camped too many nm's will not do that again cheaper to gill farm and buy most of the items.. gill farm 50k-100k a trip in drops easy. (if they sell.)

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Celina Jeff said...

I live and work in UK. My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a great spell caster called Robinson Buckler which i met online who brought my husband back to me. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about Robinson Buckler . Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, you can contact him on Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com.... https://robinbuckler.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home