Tuesday, October 24, 2006

[GM]Dave Fan Week - October

Man, this month flew by.

Time flies when you drink at work.

Anyway, considering it's [GM]Dave Fan Week again, I've decided to dedicate this week to my own pursuit of those lovable rascals, the Notorious Monsters.

For those of you who don't play an MMORPG, a Notorious Monster (also called an NM) are enemies that, when killed, have a chance of dropping a very good and often very valuable item.

This brings up two very interesting points:

1) people will camp certain NMs almost non-stop

If an item has any value, you can be pretty sure that someone is camping it 24 hours a day.

Some of these people don't even leave for days or weeks at a time. We call these people hardcore.

*coughgilsellingbastardscough*

2) most of these NMs have a low drop rate

This basically translates into "they never drop anything so you will probably lose your mind long before you ever get the damned item you're trying to get."

It makes the game... challenging.

Okay... This is actually a special arrangement we've worked out with PC and Playstation manufacturers. We get a cut of all sales to people who smashed their computer or console in a fit of rage.

We even put in some NMs that don't drop anything. Then we go on forums, make some posts about getting this super awesome item, and then just watch the money roll in.

So, this week will focus on my love-hate relationship with the various NMs of Vana'diel.

Except replace "love-hate" with "hate-hate".

And replace "hate-hate" with "dieyoustupidbastardDIEDIEDIE-hate".

It should be fun.

Also, remember that anyone who donated $5 or more during the month will be sent a free [GM]Dave fan club giftpack. It includes extra stories you'll find nowhere else, some fun pictures, a few exclusive wallpapers, and whatever else I can think to put in.

It's just something I like to do to give a little back to those of you who go out of your way to support this blog. I really appreciate it.

Plus, it's part of my plan for world domination.

And, as usual, the person who donates the most during the month will be given the opportunity to take part in the blog if they'd like. You can get fed to a dragon, feed a friend to a dragon...

Something else I'm sure that might involve a dragon.

Dragons are a popular theme, I must admit.

Have a good day and remember, [GM]Dave fan club members will be spared when the revolution comes.

Act now or be crushed beneath my boot when I become overlord of this miserable planet.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dammit. I forgot to stop typing.

10 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Bellemithra said...

[This basically translates into "they never drop anything so you will probably lose your mind long before you ever get the damned item you're trying to get."]

I spit out my coffee at that line. I really need to get a moniter protector to prevent coffee-related malfunctions >.>

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

damn G i know wut u be talkin bout yo! i dont neva camp dem slutty azz NMs yo. err time i get der im like yo i wanna kill me a leapin lizzy yo. holla! and den ders like fukkin 80 fukkin cocksmokers der tryin to thief mah kill yo. im like yo nikkas! im a DRG i need deez kicks yo! u iz all wack as a mug yo!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jack Barrier said...

NM's are camped 24 hours per day. You got that right! Everynow and then I try to camp a NM just to kill sometime-thanks to my boss being the liberal type who lets me game at work- and there is always and I mean ALWAYS someone there.
One night just for the heck of it I tried at 3am and just as I thought, there was another player.
Why can't these people just realize I own the area and if they want to farm my area, they need to pay the tariff. Oh well, guess they didn't get that memo. lol

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is exactly this kind of time commitment (and the fear that if I don't play "enough" I won't get my money's worth for any given month) that has kept me from playing/enjoying most MMOs. Success in games should be based on skill, not time spent playing.

However, having played way too much Diablo 2 back in the day, I understand the concept (relating back to the previous post), although it was much easier to solo in that game than in MMOs.

In the end, I read the blog for the funny. Doesn't matter that I don't play.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Hawklord2112 said...

We even put in some NMs that don't drop anything. Then we go on forums, make some posts about getting this super awesome item, and then just watch the money roll in.

*coughTaisaijincough*

<3 to the 100% drop NMs. Carnero, Chocoboleech. the other one.

<3 to the NMs that arent camped. Tom Tit Tat. Sepopard Ishtar. Nunyenunc. the rabbit things. yeah.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Drew said...

I've been camping Mee Deggi for a while now and There's these two RMT that are ALWAYS there... Dx I've gotten claim 5 out of 30 spawns, and 14 of them were claimed by the 2 RMT. Anyway...this post is pretty relevant to me then because I was just camping this guy and logged off in a fit of rage since THEY JUST CLAIMED HIM AGAIN. Save me. Dx I just want some o kotes ; ;

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Grenade71822 said...

Reminder. Donate Life Savings to GM Dave. Even though i am a wow user i can still be spared right?

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sierra said...

*coughgilsellingbastardscough*

ahaha Brilliant.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Celina Jeff said...

I live and work in UK. My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a great spell caster called Robinson Buckler which i met online who brought my husband back to me. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about Robinson Buckler . Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, you can contact him on Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com.... https://robinbuckler.com/

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger martins said...


I was having Herpes Simplex Virus then i came across a review of people saying that they got treated from Herpes Simplex Virus by Dr Voke., So i gave a try by contacting him through his email and explain my problem to him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken by any deadly diseases like HERPES HIV, shingles,low sperm count or bringing back your ex lover, this great man is extremely the best in which I have seen and applauds and if you also need a help, you can also email him via email (doctorvoke@gmail.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home