Wednesday, October 25, 2006

[GM]Dave Vs. The NMs - Vol. 1

Alternate Title: "Leaping Lizzy Is A Whore".

Somedays this blog just writes itself, you know.

I had been camping Leaping Lizzy for almost two weeks.

Yes, that's two weeks.

I had gotten claim and killed her at least twice a day for two entire weeks and all I had to show for it was half a dozen lizard tails (retail price: not freakin' much).

See, Lizzy drops this really nice pair of boots that are great for a lot of different jobs. Plus, their Rare/Ex, so you don't have to worry about gil sellers.

That's nice.

Still, you can usually bet that someone will be there looking for her.

Then one day, I was camping Leaping Lizzy for Bounding Boots when this little Taru runs by me and starts killing lizards. You have to kill lizards to get Lizzy to spawn.

That little bastard was after my boots.

Oh, no. This was war.

We started chasing each other around the area. It was a constant battle to see who could get each lizard.

Before I continue, I should point out that it didn't really make any difference who got the lizards. As long as they died, Lizzy could appear.

We were competing because that's just what you do.

So, we're locked in this epic struggle. Neither side was willing to relent even a little.

Then, as I pulled my weapon to send another lizard to lizard heaven, the bastard snakes in front of me and kills it.

Competition or not, this is a slight faux pas that any MMORPG player would recognize.

Player>> Really sorry.
[GM]Dave>> It's okay.
[GM]Dave>> We're here for the same reason.
Player>> Yeah, I know.
Player>> I actually killed her a little earlier.

Oh, that sick son of a bitch. He's trying to rub it in.

Player>> All she dropped was some stupid boots.

O_O


[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> What?
Player>> She dropped a Rare/EX version of the boots.
Player>> Couldn't even sell them.

It was at this exact point that I started to twitch a little.

This moron had killed MY NM and gotten MY boots, and he's complaining?!

[GM]Dave>> That's all Lizzy drops.
Player>> No, it's not.
Player>> She drops another set of boots worth a lot.
[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> They changed that.
Player>> Really?
Player>> Are you sure?
[GM]Dave>> I'm sure. They only changed it...
[GM]Dave>> A FREAKING YEAR AGO!
Player>> Huh...
Player>> Guess this was a waste of time, huh?
[GM]Dave>> You might say that.
Player>> Do you want the boots?
[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> You can't give them away.
Player>> Oh, yeah.
Player>> Right, right.
Player>> Oh, well. Might as well get rid of them.

Player throws away a pair of Bounding Boots.

[GM]Dave>> *twitchtwitch*

I'm not sure how many times I fed him to Jormy.

I actually had to change his job for him, so he could keep deleveling.

Honestly, I think Lizzy did it just to drive me insane.

12 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Justine said...

I gave up on lizzy a few years ago... it saves me "some" stress knowing that i'm not chasing after a lizard ^^v On the other hand... that damn mysticmaker is another story >.>

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Argentos of Windurst said...

...I would have farking killed somebody.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

yo dog! fer real doh! im a DRG and i fuggin need dem bootz! err time i get der friggin 6 mofoz iz der doin fuggin cirque de soliel out there on dem muhfuckin lizzies!! im like YO! GET OFF MY LIZZIEZ FREAK NUTZ! and dey iz like yo! i iz a whm yo i be needin deez bootz! den i go! DATZ IT NIKKA!! *pulls out 9 milly* cap cap cap!!!!
holla back!!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

you such a haterrr!!! gravios! datz wack yo! i talk da way i be wantin to talk yo! you dont see me hatin on yo way of talkin! hi im gravios i read GM dave's blog. i highly dislike people like TBG who talk in a specific manner. it makes me mad.

i aint never dun dat to u dog! u wack yo

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger token black guy said...

you mah boy zarq holla!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Kite said...

I agree with rdmfire.

Now.... back on topic.

Since I am a sucker for mage jobs, I haven't leveled any melee jobs higher than 7, except for my WAR, which is at level 11. So I can not tell what it is like camping Lizzy.

But still, way to go with that Taru! No-one should just throw away a bunch of Rare/Ex with good stats!

It even hurt me when I threw away the Trick Staff II after it had fulfilled its purpose. But a few cookies later, I got me a fresh, fully charged one.

Did you eventually get your boots, or are you still camping Lizzy?

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Kerensky said...

killed leaping lizzy for over 4 months 5+ times a day 0 drop

had to buy the leaping boots.. bounding boots.. :S kerensky=too broke to buy those

(wouldn't mind having a few hits on this tarutaru my self.)

all thoughts of bounding boots dashed away.(rar exe items use too much gear space se needs new gobbie bag quest (you know another 3m quest to make us use all our gill for 10 more spaces))

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger token black guy said...

holla back gravios. you mah boy too now holla

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Guankim said...

Yep, LL is far worse than Mysticmaker. Example: self
1/1 Mysticmaker
0/72 LL

><

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Zen Masters said...

I quit FFXI for a couple years already, but I got what used to be called "Leaping Boots" on my first claim, with my lv7 WAR (insane battle to the death, i guarantee you it was.)

Thank got for WAR voke, because soon as i did that, SEVEN (i kid you not) 75RNG/THF came out from invis and cursed at me, stood there, watching and laughing, hoping I would drop dead before lizzy.

Alas, i triumphed over that tough hide, and i proceed to put on my boots and dance in front of those RNGs and whatnot, for 2 hours straight!!!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Celina Jeff said...

I live and work in UK. My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a great spell caster called Robinson Buckler which i met online who brought my husband back to me. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about Robinson Buckler . Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, you can contact him on Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com.... https://robinbuckler.com/

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger martins said...

I’m from USA am here to give my testimony about Dr Voke who helped me cure my HERPES (HSV), i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS), i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. Three months ago a friend suggested that I try herbal medicine; from a very powerful herbal doctor called (doctorvoke@gmail.com) I looked up his blog on the internet site and indeed he have had immense success with his product. There were lot of persons posting their testimony about how he cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result just came out negative. (doctorvoke@gmail.com)


 

Post a Comment

<< Home