Thursday, September 21, 2006

Damnedable Immune System - Vol. 2

Dammit.

It seems that I am, yet again, sick. I have caught some form of virus that has vowed to destroy me.

Someone remind me to install Norton on myself after this is over.

I don't know why this happens to me. You guys know that I'm a good person and all.

Stop laughing.

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling like crap.

Actually... I didn't wake up. Susan woke up and then gently reached over and yanked my eyelid open.

If she were not carrying the heir to my kingdom, I might have to push her down some stairs.

Apparently, my illness was readily obvious. Seeing me at death's door, tenuously clutching to life, Susan immediately took on a more nurturing role.

Susan>> Damn.
Susan>> You look like refried ass.

I said more nurturing. It really wouldn't be hard to go out from her usual demeanor.

I was actually surprised she didn't just poke me with a stick.

[GM]Dave>> You're so sweet to me.
Susan>> You're sick.
[GM]Dave>> Well, aren't you smart?
[GM]Dave>> All that fancy book learning paid off.
Susan>> Get out of bed!
[GM]Dave>> You get out of bed.
[GM]Dave>> I'm going to lie here and die.
Susan>> You have to get up.
Susan>> You're going to get me sick.
[GM]Dave>> Boo-frickin'-hoo.
Susan>> I can't get sick.
Susan>> It could hurt the baby.
[GM]Dave>> You know what would hurt the baby?
Susan>> What?
[GM]Dave>> A flight of stairs.
[GM]Dave>> Leave me alone.
Susan>> Go on. Get up.
Susan>> Go into work or something.
[GM]Dave>> I'm not going to work.
[GM]Dave>> I'm sick.
[GM]Dave>> Call in and tell them I died.
Susan>> I'm not going to lie.
[GM]Dave>> Okay. Wait ten minutes.
[GM]Dave>> Then call in and tell them I died.
[GM]Dave>> It'll be true by then.
Susan>> You're such a big baby.
Susan>> You've got the sniffles.
Susan>> You look fine.
[GM]Dave>> You said I like like, and I quote, "refried ass".
[GM]Dave>> I don't think there's anyway that could be good.
Susan>> Just go away!
Susan>> The baby'll get sick.
[GM]Dave>> How is the baby going to get sick?
[GM]Dave>> I really don't plan on coughing on your uterus.
Susan>> I don't care.
Susan>> Just go somewhere else.
[GM]Dave>> Fine.
[GM]Dave>> I'll just die on the couch then.
Susan>> Not there either.
[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> Do you want me to slap you?
[GM]Dave>> I don't want to, but you're leaving me no option.
Susan>> You can't lie on the couch.
[GM]Dave>> Why the hell not?
Susan>> I want to watch TV later.
[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> How hard could it be to hide a body?
Susan>> I need to lie down for the baby.
[GM]Dave>> The baby.
[GM]Dave>> You're using that as an excuse.
Susan>> I AM NOT!
Susan>> That's terrible.
[GM]Dave>> Yesterday, you made me get you a sandwich.
[GM]Dave>> For the baby.
Susan>> ... Yeah.
Susan>> That one was a lie.
[GM]Dave>> Shocker.
Susan>> Just go die somewhere quietly.
[GM]Dave>> I hate you.

So, I had to spend the whole day sitting at my computer, trying not to pass out or vomit.

On the bright side, Bonecrafting 60!

What?

You have to have priorities.

4 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Wow. The more you write about Susan the more I like her. But on a more nuturing note, I really do hope you feel better soon.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger WanderingJ said...

Heh... already you're having "baby-induced" problems. Good luck with that...

Also, I'm thankful I wasn't the only one feeling like crap. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to keep me out of going to my classes today. Go fig, huh? :P

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Alchemist Sashi said...

"RDMFire said...

So the devil himself can be defeated by a common cold.
Interesting."

Hmm... this information will come in handy for our plans for him... Muahahahaha!

No. Anyways, that really sucks that you're sick. It also sucks that your wife refuses to let you die in bed or on the couch. Although dieing while gaming can't be a bad thing. Ah well, get well soon [GM]Dave ^-^

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Kite said...

Congratulations on getting to 60 with bonecrafting.

Nort-ugh don't let me finish that word.

A sick mother-to-be is not good for your heir to the throne. But a sick person needs to be in bed, so Susan had better gotten downstairs, since she was already planning to do.

Get well soon, Dave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home