Sunday, July 30, 2006

PvP Is Key

After my terrible experience in Valkurm, and then 5 excruciating levels in Qufim, it was time for me to get my airship pass to Kazham.

As most of you know, this meant I had to collect three keys from dungeons around Vana'diel.

Fun.

I head off to the first dungeon, Palborough Mines, to get my first key.

The first few key holder mobs weren't too bad, but it was a little dangerous and it was taking a lot of time.

You may not have noticed this, but I don't have the greatest amount of patience.

That's when I noticed a couple of other players running around killing key holders.

Perfect.

Dave>> Hey.
Dave>> Could you guys help me get a key?
Player1>> Yeah, I guess.
Player1>> We're trying 2 get a key for my friend here.
Player2>> U can join us.

Something in my brain was saying that this was a bad idea.

Except replace the word "saying" with the word "screaming".

But I couldn't put my finger on it.

I just had an odd sense of foreboding.

Still, with these guys helping me, I'll get my key way faster.

What could go wrong?

Dave>> Okay...
Dave>> I'll join you.
Player1>> Kewl.

So, we go to work on the Quadavs in the area and, I have to admit, things are going much more smoothly.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Unfortunately, we just couldn't get a key to drop.

We were rushing around looking for key holders when one of the other guys noticed a Quadav through a gap in the wall.

Player2>> Casting Dia --> Old Quadav
Dave>> Get ready!
Player1>> I got him.

But then the weirdest thing happened...

He disappeared.

Apparently, he couldn't fir through the gap and must have walked off somewhere.

Stupid Quadavs.

Anyway, we didn't have time to go find him, so we decided to let him live and went back to plowing through the corridors of the mine. We fought our way deeper and deeper into the mine hoping for a key to drop.

About ten minutes later, when we were quite far in, I noticed my system started to lag slightly.

Then a bit more.

Dave>> Uhhh... guys...
Dave>> I'm getting a lot of lag.
Player1>> Me, too.
Player2>> So am I.
Player1>> That's kind of weird.
Player1>> Maybe it's a server problem.
Dave>> It's strange.
Dave>> I usually only get this kind of lag in Jeuno.
Player2>> I'm sure everything is okay.
Player2>> Must be just one of those things.

That feeling was back.

That bad feeling.

I must be paranoid.

It was that exact second, that the Old Quadav that we had cast Dia on appeared around a turn.

At first, I thought it was kind of funny. He spent all that time following us through the mines.

Then about fifty more Quadav came running around the turn and came straight for us.

Not so much with the funny any more.

Seems while he was following us, he managed to link with some friends of his.

A lot of friends of his.

As we were being pummeled to death by a legion of ninja turtles, our party came to an important realization.

Player2>> This may have been partly my fault.
Dave>> ...
Dave>> You think?
Dave>> Damn, you're retarded.

After that, I decided it might be better to get the keys on my own.

Better safe than gangraped by an army of angry Quadavs.

That's good advice. You should write that down.

4 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger REDKINOKO said...

Never let others help youin what you can do by yourself. Stupidity, it seems, never helps.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger M A Haddox said...

dave's first LS ... i'm not hte blog writer, but if you have the time

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Kenny said...

That reminds me of the time I decided to see if I could jump on stuff on the ground level from the ledge in the O-Kotes room. Somehow a Crawler found about five more on the way up, and there were about 30 Yags starting to chase me.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Shayde said...

A-ha! Now I know where the turtle hordes came from that time my husband and a buddy got mobbed in Palborough. It was all Player 2's fault!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home