Monday, August 28, 2006

[GM]Dave's Many Conquests

I get a lot of questions about Susan. I mean a lot of questions.

Some of them even pertain to subjects other than our sex life.

Few, but some.

One of the more interesting questions I get asked a lot is if there were any girls before Susan.

Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Oh hell yes.

The population of Vana'diel is littered with the empty shells of women who have known my love.

I loved them.

I left them.

In several cases, I banned them.

What? Last thing I need is to be running through Jeuno with a trail of broken-hearted women following me.

See, in each case I made one very important mistake. I spent so much time worrying that they might actually be a guy that I forgot to check for other important things.

Like personality.

Or sanity.

This last one brings me to my first in-game girlfriend, Amanda.

We met in Valkurm. I was an Elvaan Red Mage. She was a Hume Warrior.

Were were in a party together when she sent me a fairly "inappropriate" tell. I'd later find out it was a mistell, but that momentary confusion (coupled with the hot mental imagery) led to us talking.

And talking.

And talking.

She seemed really normal at first. I had, of course, gone through extensive "Is she a he?" testing and she was indeed a girl.

Unfortunately, at the time, that was all I really needed to know.

How naive I was.

We had been in-game dating for a few weeks when she started to act funny.

Not "ha ha" funny.

More like "this bitch is a freaking psychopath" funny.

One day, I was in Lower Jeuno checking on some Auction House sales when she started sending me tells.

Amanda>> Where were you?

What? I didn't remember us having plans to do something.

Maybe she got confused or something.

Amanda>> WHERE WERE YOU?!

Maybe she went insane.

Dave>> I don't know what you're talking about?
Dave>> Where was I when?
Amanda>> You know when.
Dave>> Is this some weird kind of joke?
Amanda>> I SAW YOU WITH HER!!!
Dave>> So not a joke then.
Dave>> Good to know.
Dave>> Who's "her"?
Amanda>> That female elvaan SLUT!!!
Amanda>> She was all over you.
Dave>> Can I buy a vowel or something?
Dave>> I don't have a sweet clue what you're talking about.
Amanda>> Earlier today.
Amanda>> In Qufim.
Amanda>> I was watching you.
Dave>> That's a little scary.
Dave>> Except replace "a little" with "really".
Amanda>> I saw that slut coming onto you.
Amanda>> She was practically on top of you.
Dave>> Who the hell are you talking about?
Amanda>> The female Elvaan bard.
Dave>> ...
Dave>> I was in a party with a bard.
Amanda>> HA!!!
Amanda>> You admit it!
Dave>> Uhhh...
Dave>> Yeah.
Amanda>> So what do you have to say?
Dave>> You're insane?
Amanda>> Insane?
Amanda>> INSANE?!
Amanda>> Is it insane to love someone more than life?
Amanda>> Is it insane to follow them wherever they go?
Amanda>> Is it insane to watch them?
Dave>> Pretty much, yeah.
Dave>> You kind of hit the nail on the head.
Amanda>> Was it worth it?
Dave>> Was what worth what?
Dave>> I think I need a map for this conversation.
Dave>> You obviously don't know where we're going.
Amanda>> You threw away everything we had.
Amanda>> For some cheap bard WHORE!!!
Dave>> I think I'm having an aneurysm.
Amanda>> How could you do this to me?
Amanda>> I would have died for you.
Dave>> Could you die for me now?
Dave>> That would be super.
Amanda>> You'll never meet another girl like me.
Dave>> Let's hope.
Amanda>> You tore out my heart.
Amanda>> YOU TORE IT OUT!!!
Dave>> Darn. Look at the time.
Dave>> It's a quarter past crazy.
Dave>> I really have to run.
Dave>> Let's not do this again sometime.
Amanda>> I sent you something to remember me by.
Amanda>> You took everything else.
Dave>> Good damn, you sound like a Billy Talent song.
Dave>> Maybe it's time we see other people.
Dave>> But by "we" I mean "you".
Dave>> and by "other people" I mean "a psychiatrist".
Amanda>> I'll always love you.
Dave>> Just when I thought it couldn't get creepier.

That was pretty much the end for Amanda and I. I chalk it up to personality differences.

Or her having different personalities.

After we parted, I headed back to my moghouse and checked my delivery box. And there it was.

A Dragon Heart.

I'm sure this was an item full of dark symbolism and important meaning to her.

I decided I should take some time to seriously ponder its meaning.

Also, when it sold an hour later, I made 900,000 gil.

Sigh... You always remember your first love.

Especially whern that love turns out to be a full on psychopath.

13 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger REDKINOKO said...

Hahaha this is by far your craziest post in days. Good one.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Joe said...

What a hillarious coincidence; my first love in real life was a girl named Amanda who turned out to be an insane psychopath who stalked me for a year after we broke up! Good times...

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

I love this! Funny thing is that I can think at least two guys with ffxi "girlfriends" like this and they tolerate it happily. You all say it's the woman who are crazy. I beg to differ. Women fully understand the evil they are up to, it's the guys who tolerate it that are crazy.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

lol, funny post

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Xylos said...

... Wondering when [GM]Dave gets tricked by a manthra

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger azuza001 said...

I wouldn't call that a conquest. I'd call that an assault on sanity.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger creature124 said...

at least susan doent follow you around >.>

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Texgnome1 said...

Dave>> I think I need a map for this conversation.
Dave>> You obviously don't know where we're going.

Hehe - my favorite line. Think I'll file that one away for use on the wife. Haven't commented in a while, but nicely done [GM]Dave

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Celestiah said...

Rofl!!! oh man XD

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Pyro3000 said...

"I'd die for for you. Can you die for me now?"

heh LOVE it

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Hilarious post... but whats wrong with Billy Talent?

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger WanderingJ said...

Ahh... nothing like the online psychos. Just goes to show how disturbingly obsessive significant others in online relationships can be.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Guankim said...

Dave>> Is this some weird kind of joke?
Amanda>> I SAW YOU WITH HER!!!
Dave>> So not a joke then.
Dave>> Good to know.
Dave>> Who's "her"?
Amanda>> That female elvaan SLUT!!!

*The red mage stops by to add 2 cents*
Guan>> Gee, that didn't narrow it down at all, could you be more specific? Given the plethora of Elvaan sluts around and all, many of whom I've partied with...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home