Tuesday, July 18, 2006

[GM]Dave Does Not Play Favorites

This is a public service announcement.

There seems to be this huge misunderstanding among players that we GMs play favorites.

No, no, no. I don't just mean JP players.

I can't go a single damned day without seeing some crap about how we play favorites and treat certain groups better.

Personally, I am very insulted by that.

I treat everyone equally.

Equally poorly, but equally nonetheless.

I'm an equal opportunity sadist.

Why would I treat anyone better than anyone else?

There's no money in it.

My favorite, my absolute favorite, of these kind of people is the people who decide to start a movement.

No one cares if you had a bad experience with a GM.

No.

One.

No one.

But every day or so, I get another GM call from someone trying to end the scourge of unfair treatment.

Today's was just horribly ironic.

GM Call Description: GMs are mistreating NA players.

I want you to really think about that for a second.

Someone from North America sent a GM call to complain that GMs abuse North American players.

My days are surreal.

I suppose painting a target on his chest would have been too difficult.

Since he went to all of the trouble of actually requesting a beating, it would be rude of me not to oblige.

Don't want to mistreat an NA player, you know.

[GM]Dave>> Hail, Adventurer.
[GM]Dave>> I understand you're a fan of irony.
Player>> We're sick of this crap.
[GM]Dave>> What crap are we sick of?
Player>> Not you.
[GM]Dave>> We're not sick of me?
[GM]Dave>> That's good to know.
Player>> No, no.
Player>> I meant "we" doesn't include you.
[GM]Dave>> You lost me.
[GM]Dave>> Who does "we" include?
Player>> The players.
[GM]Dave>> And you are their official representative?
Player>> ...
Player>> No.
Player>> I'm trying to make a point.
[GM]Dave>> "Trying" may be a strong word.
[GM]Dave>> I think "failing" would be more apt.
Player>> We, the players, are sick of this crap.
[GM]Dave>> What crap are you sick of?
Player>> Unfair treatment by GMs.
Player>> It has to stop.
[GM]Dave>> Wait...
[GM]Dave>> I'm lost again.
[GM]Dave>> How specifically were you mistreated?
Player>> Oh, I haven't been.
[GM]Dave>> ...
[GM]Dave>> I think I'm having a stroke.
Player>> I'm just sick of how we're being treated.
Player>> GMs don't care about players.
[GM]Dave>> And?
Player>> That's wrong.
[GM]Dave>> Why?
[GM]Dave>> If I worked at Old Navy...
[GM]Dave>> Would I give a shit what your jeans looked like?
Player>> You're supposed to treat people fairly.
[GM]Dave>> We do.
[GM]Dave>> I don't care about Japanese players either.
Player>> We're going to do something, you know.
Player>> We'll all stop playing.
[GM]Dave>> Apparently, you are a fan of irony.
[GM]Dave>> Something must be done.
[GM]Dave>> Let me help you out with that threat.
Player>> What do you mean?
[GM]Dave>> Well, I've banned people for being stupid before.
[GM]Dave>> If I didn't ban you, it might seem unfair.
Player>> Wait...
Player>> I was just trying to make a point.
[GM]Dave>> You don't feel like playing anymore.
[GM]Dave>> Point taken.
Player>> You can't do this.
[GM]Dave>> Hey, this was your idea.
[GM]Dave>> It's out of my hands.
Player>> No, it's not.
[GM]Dave>> Yeah...
[GM]Dave>> Kind of a gray area, really.
Player>> I just wanted the mistreatment to end.
[GM]Dave>> Well, then this is a good news bad news situation...

The good news was that he never again had to fear unfair treatment at the hands of us heartless GMs.

Bad news = Deluxe package.

Remember, people: fair isn't everyone getting treated the same.

Fair is everyone shutting the hell up and stopping bothering me before I have to feed you to a dragon.

6 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger REDKINOKO said...

I dont know what's more omnipresent in online games like these. People who whine about farcical admin biases or lag.

I'm thinking, which problem will be solved first by modern technology?

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Squirt said...

Reeree says it's super-cool that so many people are so inspired by [GM]Dave and Goblin Smithy that they take up writing.

At least, I think that's what she means by "Special ed. has Internet now."

She's funny!

http://goblinsmithy.blogspot.com/2006/04/pretenders-to-throne.html

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger creature124 said...

YAY! The Deluxe package! One less moron in the gene pool!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Texgnome1 said...

Love it. Just had to ban a forum member for stupidity. Reading this blog it's sad to see I am not alone.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Vatar said...

It is for this post that I have became a fan. I have to wonder though...which is better, the dragon or puting them in the bottem of the Temple of Uggalepih and watching them get eaten by Tonberries...

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Reko said...

lmao ^^ goodjob banning the whiner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home