Friday, April 07, 2006

We Put the Video Game in Video Game Related Racial Tension

Sigh.

Today was an... interesting day.

I had just finished my lunch and was getting ready to erase the GM call queue. I'm not sure why, but I decided to actually read some of the descriptions first.

That was probably the whisky talking.

But as I looked, there were three calls in a row that jumped out at me.

First, was a call from a player we'll call NAPlayer.

Yes, I know I'm incredibly creative.

Shut up.

GM Call Description: Camping Hoo Mjuu and other player doesn't speak english. I think he's chinese. He must be a gil seller.

This isn't unusual. I wouldn't even have noticed it if not for the next call from JPPlayer.

GM Call Description: Camping Hoo Mjuu and other player doesn't speak japanese. I think he's chinese. He must be a gil seller.

Then the third call.

GM Call Description: Camping Hoo Mjuu and other players don't speak chinese. I'm chinese. I must be a gil seller.

Okay, that last one was a joke, but c'mon. Just because someone's chinese, it doesn't mean they sell gil.

Yeah, the chances are good, but still...

So, to alleviate racial tensions (and get back to not doing anything remotely helpful), I warped both players to Mordion Gaol.

[GM]Dave>> I've brought you both here to teach you a lesson in racial harmony.
[GM]Dave>> NAPlayer, meet JPPlayer. He's Japanese.
[GM]Dave>> JPPlayer, meet NAPlayer. He's American.
[GM]Dave>> I'd like you both to meet our racial tolerance councelor.
[GM]Dave>> His name is Jailer of Tolerance.

Jailer of Tolerance uses Cultural Understanding.
NAPlayer takes 8975 points of damage.
JPPlayer takes 8462 points of damage.
NAPlayer was defeated by Jailer of Tolerance.
NAPlayer drops to level 72.
JPPlayer was defeated by Jailer of Tolerance.
JPPlayer drops to level 74.

[GM]Dave>> Look at that. You're both red on the inside.
[GM]Dave>> I think there's a lesson there, don't you?

I feel like a United Nations peacekeeper.

Can't we all just get along?

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rofl, I love you. I noticed that any other linkshell/player that doesnt respond to your linkshell/party is automatically chinese and a gilseller.

I love how naive a lot of people are.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger ZeroArk28 said...

I've met some GMs, but nothing compare to the 'japanese' GM who responed for my call...

question, how did you get that job?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home