Wednesday, April 19, 2006

East Meets West: Tak 2

Get it? The title's a pun.

Nevermind.

So, this morning I was doing my usual thing and getting ready to head out for a nice lunch (read: drinking binge), when I get a tell in game.

It's my good friend [GM]Takana.

"Lunch" can wait.

[GM]Dave>> Heya, Tak.
[GM]Dave>> Where have you been?
[GM]Takana>> You blocked my IP.
[GM]Dave>> Did I?
[GM]Dave>> I don't remember doing that.
[GM]Takana>>Yes, you did it after I tried to get you fired.
[GM]Takana>> For abusing players.
[GM]Dave>> Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[GM]Dave>> Nope. Doesn't ring any bells.
[GM]Dave>> So... how've you been?
[GM]Takana>> Listen, you bastard, I'm not here to chat.
[GM]Dave>> Well, I don't really feel like exping right now.
[GM]Dave>> (( I'm sorry. )) (( I'm playing solo right now. ))
[GM]Takana>> I don't want to party.
[GM]Dave>> Then why did you ask?
[GM]Takana>> I didn't.
[GM]Dave>> Yeah, you did.
[GM]Dave>> That's why I said I don't feel like exping.
[GM]Dave>> Why would I say that if you didn't ask?
[GM]Takana>> I didn't ask you to party.
[GM]Dave>> Seems to me that I'd only say that if you asked me.
[GM]Dave>> Doesn't really make sense the other way.
[GM]Takana>> I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO!
[GM]Dave>> To what?
[GM]Takana>> Party.
[GM]Dave>> Well, I don't really feel like exping right now.
[GM]Dave>> (( I'm sorry. )) (( I'm playing solo right now. ))
[GM]Takana>> I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO PARTY!
[GM]Dave>> Not this again...
[GM]Dave>> Okay... you didn't ask me to party.
[GM]Takana>> There. That's better.
[GM]Dave>> Suuuurrrrrrrrrrrre you didn't.
[GM]Takana>> SHUT UP, YOU RETARD!
[GM]Takana>> SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!
[GM]Dave>> Wow, Tak. Simmer down a bit.
[GM]Takana>> STOP CALLING ME TAK!
[GM]Takana>> I HATE YOU, YOU PRICK!
[GM]Dave>> Tak... Can I call you Tak?
[GM]Takana>> I WILL END YOU!
[GM]Dave>> Tak, that was highly unnecessary.
[GM]Dave>> Such language is against GM rules of conduct.
[GM]Dave>> I'm afraid I have to report you.
[GM]Takana>> WHAT?!
[GM]Takana>> YOU'RE REPORTING ME?!
[GM]Dave>> Sadly, I must.
[GM]Dave>> I can't help but feel partly responsible.
[GM]Takana>> PARTLY?!!!
[GM]Dave>> If only I had gone partying when you asked.
[GM]Dave>> None of this would have happened.
[GM]Takana>>
YOU SON OF A BITCH!
[GM]Takana>>
I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO!
[GM]Dave>> Didn't ask me to what?
[GM]Takana>> PARTY
[GM]Dave>> Well, I don't really feel like exping right now.
[GM]Dave>> (( I'm sorry. )) (( I'm playing solo right now. ))
[GM]Takana>> DIE!
[GM]Dave>> Can I help you with anything else today?

Man, it was a tough day for GMs everywhere. I had to answer calls, Tak got in trouble, and later on I heard some GM in Japan went nuts and shot himself.

Just one of those days, I guess.

23 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Oh dear god, you are a man of sheer sheer brillance. All of these posts (especially this one) are just sheer funny.

I only hope to god when I get this game that more GM's are like you.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger jakinthebox said...

Owww, my stomach hurts from suppressing the laughter so that my co-workers don't think me insane!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Jusabaut said...

I agree with jakinthebox on that one. I was roaring!

((Jusabaut)) Can I call you Jak?

>..>

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Tianshii said...

Oh man, I laughed so hard! I didn't bother trying to hold it in either. So, now my co-workers are looking at me funny. *purrs @ [GM]Dave*

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Quylein said...

ahh funny stuff once again. Keep em coming

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger freezinglimbo said...

[GM]Takana>> PARTY
[GM]Dave>> Well, I don't really feel like exping right now.
[GM]Dave>> (( I'm sorry. )) (( I'm playing solo right now. ))
[GM]Takana>> DIE!

I mean seriously. That is just wrong. I don't usually get too emotional, but that just pushed me right over the edge.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Acaria said...

Your blog is definitely interesting. I enjoyed it and found it entertaining. :)

But as I read on to the older ones, I found that some of the blogs weren't that unique and they were a lot like other ones.

Still fun to read, though. ^^

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Fircefairy said...

LOL {GM}Dave My Husband is a lot like you! OMG he cantalk circles around people! I love watching him in the game dealing with what he terms*lazy people*!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Parcifal said...

You are a genious, seriously, i read every post you made.

Please don't stop writing.

Ever.

You made my day, i laughed so hard, keep rocking.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger llianon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger llianon said...

well same as others i laugh a lot in here...i'm on remora and friend /tell'd me today "GM dave really existe!!!!"
llianon>> why? you fed jormy??? :3
well i really have fun reading your blog
but now my wish is to have you with that GM call
GM call: i got pbm with my windower he doesn"t work anymore...can you fix it???
i'm sure you won't miss such a good call like that...just for fun
mouhahahahaha ;) you're getting really famous

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger AnubisLG said...

LOL, you're getting pretty famous on Bismark, love it. :3

Your posts are seriously becoming like a crack addiction though, heh.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Luto said...

Bismark? Is that like a sword or something?

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Kahan said...

Great stuff [GM]Dave. Keep up the great work. Have to agree with Anubis that you are famous on Bismarck now. My whole LS reads your blog daily. Keep bringing us joyous tales of feeding people to Jorgy and Faf.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Fircefairy said...

LOL Yah I posted this link on 2 different Forum sites and you are famous those places as well ^^ Both of my LS read you and discuss your new posts,they all think you rock!Being an *older* player myself(meaning over 30 and long passed puberty) I can see where dealing with some players is much like dealing with children! The sad truth is many many players ARE childeren!Before anybody gets their knickers in a twist by this I mean they are not even 18.Just my 2 cents....

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger knightfell said...

Thank you for making my day. If only I had the power to smite down those who call for issues complely unrelated to my scope of support.

In short: awesome work, please keep it up. :)

P.S Have you ever worked a job in customer service? Methinks yes..

/wink

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Pantufla Jo Jo said...

LOL! bunch of retards sucking Dave's dick, grow up people, understand the job of a GM, ever heard the word patience? stop PMS'ing.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Demandred Shedohen said...

I dunno, I love your blog but don't kick a dead horse... Keep it fresh, it's what people love! Keep up the good work!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Reeree said...

PJJ has gender identity issues.

Pantie, can I call you Pantie? Pick one genital hazing and stick with it. Your mixed metaphors show only that you need an editor. It's really rare for someone to have organs of both genders, and in those bizarre cases, they ususally don't work properly.

You're familiar with not working properly.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Unorginal_Thought said...

Hilarious, do you think you can take care of a certain gil seller on my server?

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Deadeyes said...

This is one of the greatest things I have ever read. Keep up the good work!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Chiz said...

good lord, that was funny.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger The Answer said...

oh man.... Dave, i'm a new fan to your blog here through a link, and at first, reading your more recent posts, i found you incredibly amusing... but as i continued... you are indeed a very sadistic person as you say you are, and i'm not just replying to simply this single post. this is just the one i found myself to actually create an account simply to reply after reading a number of your posts...

As humorous as some of your comments, actions, conversations are, i can't help but say that some are almost disturbing just how far you go with the power that you wield. But its not just that. You express your relationships with one of your GM coworkers here... and just... jeez.

I can't help but feel that much of the dialogue was adlibbed. The other GM begins to sound more like one of your dragon feeds than an actual GM, especially since some of it actually repeats in some of the other posts, i think. Either that's some crazy coincidence and the conversation was really like that, or you changed it to your liking, but whatever, that's your thing.

If anything, I find some of the comments to your blogs humorous, especially after reading the one about your fans trying to find you, and that poor fellow that ended up getting screwed over real bad... and here i am reading old posts, with some people actually saying that they'd do try to get eaten by jourm or something through you.

The word that comes to mind is... disturbing... ha

But what's really scary is that you're not just like this to the moronic guys... from what you've posted, or what i can assume to be your more radical of ventures, you make yourself appear cruel to almost every demographic in the game except maybe the "smart" players that don't mess with you or never come in contact with you... ever.

I mean, yikes... the poor newbie you wanted to help... then all of a sudden the gift horse' mouth thing... not everyone knows humility or humbleness.

I'm not saying I've read *all* of your posts... but from the more recent ones (read: long) posts you've made, along with a few with titles that piqued my attention... damn, man.

I'm sure you really don't give a crap about all of this, since you probably know yourself well enough about yourself at your age, as you pretty much make a disclaimer on your front page and all... but you are one sadistic man. I'm sure that those guys that challenged and insulted you on Shiva deserved it... but what you put that guy through... holy crap. At first it was funny, then I ended up finding myself covering my mouth in shock and horror as I continued to read.

But to get to the point of my post on this particular blog entry, as I stated above, the conversation between you and this other GM looks rather questionable as far as what the real conversation was... which I think is what leads to people questioning your authenticity and such. But then again, there's that chance that its all copy/paste... but still questionable.

Good stuff, GM dave, but disturbing. Never-ever-ever come to my server please... and i hope you're the only GM that's this sadistic... like an NM that deletes characters or messes with character info...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home