Sunday, April 04, 2010

Seriously.

Some people have suggested that my last post was an intricate April Fool's joke, that this was some sort of prank I was pulling on you.

Really?

Seriously?

Does that even seem like something that falls into the realm of April Fool's pranks?

An April Fool's prank is tricking someone into thinking they're late for work. Or pretending you've hurt yourself and laughing at their panic.

You do NOT invent a pregnancy for April Fool's.

Admittedly, March 31st was probably not the smartest time to make such an announcement. Pretty much anything I said would be assumed to be an April Fool's joke.

That, however, does not make it any less true.

Susan is pregnant.

I am at least partly to blame.

See, we were both there at the time, but this was not the intended outcome. Unfortunately, my power extends to reproduction.

Frankly, I was hoping for a few practice swings at the time. You know, something to do between Mysticmaker spawns.

Instead, I have created life.

People have suggested that I am a god. I don't want to encourage that kind of thinking, but I will point out that it didn't take me seven days to do it.

48 hours tops.

What?

I'm a firm believer that if you're going to do something, you should do it right.

That shit takes time.

And Gatorade.

A freaking lot of Gatorade.

13 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Bufuman said...

And was one of the people thinking it was a joke one of your alts? Clinging to hope perhaps?

Man, I just hope for your sake it's not another girl. 2 of the same gender is a recipe for disaster (though admittedly 2 boys are probably worse than 2 girls).

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Ben said...

The real fear of 2 girls is that it leaves him as the only male in the house.

Time to buy a pet I think :P

Oh, and congratulations

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Sparf said...

I repeat my upside down congratulations to both of you, but right side up this time.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Ulli said...

You know, they have this great technology called an ultrasound now that tells you the gender of your child.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

In my defense, it wouldn't be the first time someone has pulled that joke on me. And I did want to add congratulations to you both.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Hylian said...

But dave, you're evil. no respect for humankind. of course it's easy to assume you'd fake a pregnancy just for the sake of an april fool's joke. is there an evil stunt you haven't topped yet?

2 of any gender is going to be a disaster recipe like bufu said. the gender simply changes the flavor. if it's 2 girls, there's all the incessant crying for no particular reason over the littlest things (like i said, no particular reason). if it's 2 boys, then stuff in your house gets broken and there's always fist-fights. I'm happy to be an only child. I got everything in the world. Suckers :P

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Leut said...

It's still not a funny April Fool's joke.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Tabletop Teacher said...

Excellent. Encourage one to play as a tank, and the other to be a healer, and you'll never have to worry about a party again!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I used to spend my time after school in a house with 4 girl cousins, my sister, and all their associated friends. Oh the joy.

And as a side-note, I checked out the profile and under interests, I clicked on 'sadism'. The profiles contained within have scarred me for life.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Aerinravage said...

I know I'm super-late, but Grats, Dave!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Incidentally that's exactly what we did this April's Fools...

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger BrokePlanet said...

Are you tired of guessing about the value of your virtual items by using forum sites? Do you want to sell your World of Warcraft account or your ffxi gil and want a safe and secure place to do it? Http://www.BrokePlanet.com is the perfect place to buy and sell all your WoW, FFXI, Aion, Runescape, Eve, and Age of Conan items.

Http://www.BrokePlanet.com is your home for updated gaming news, state of the art auction software, and one of the fastest growing gaming discussion forums on the web.

Isn't it time you tried Http://www.BrokePlanet.com to handle your virtual item needs. Basic auction listings are always free, and if you sign up today and use this code, you can try ALL our advanced listing services for free as well! Enter this code a while creating your auction listing: 893716ac95e1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home