Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh Yeah...

I'm going to rock your world here. Seriously, I am about to drop a major bomb on you, the likes of which you have never seen.

*ahem*

[GM]Dave is not a good person.

I know, I know. It's more than you could possibly imagine.

I'll give you a minute to gather yourself.

See, a few people have been sending me e-mails wondering what ever happened to the last fan pack. Right before Christmas, I did a theme week and, at the end of the theme week, I was supposed to send out a fan pack.

That did not happen.

Why? Well, at the time, a lot of nasty shit went down and I wasn't in any place to be funny. I couldn't sit down and write even if I had wanted to.

Then things got better.

But, by then, the fan pack was so late that I felt it had to be better.

So, I rewrote it.

And hated it.

And I rewrote it.

Hated that one worse.

That's when things started to snowball. The more time I spent trying to make it funny, the less funny it really was.

Susan said I was trying too hard.

So, I put it off.

And off.

And off.

I'm pretty sure you see where this is going.

At this point, I've decided that I just have to do something. I have to get this thing finished before it drives me insane.

Also, before a small contingent of my loyal readers show up at my door and murder me.

Seriously, don't do that. I'm working, I'm working. You can take your coat off.

What I've figured out is that the problem is three-fold:

1) I am a perfectionist
2) I am an asshole
3) I am lazy

Thus, my only option is to give myself a finite, concrete deadline. I need to draw a line that I have to have this done by or it'll never get done.

To accomplish this, we're going to have another theme week. A straight week of posts as suggested by the person who donated most during this drought of fan pack goodness.

At the end of the week, I'll be sending out the fan pack.

Now, if you donated for the fanpack before Christmas or have donated since, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DONATE AGAIN. You guys totally did your part, I just have to live up to my end.

If you want to donate, go right ahead. I'll add it to previous donations and the top donor will pick next month's theme week.

And if you've never donated before... Why the hell not? Do I come down to McDonald's and watch you make burgers, but never buy one? Huh, do I?

Some people, I tell you.

Of course, if it took two months to get a damned Big Mac, I doubt I'd pay them either.

Haha.

Ha.

Seriously, I'm good for it. One week.

Seriously.

7 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you know what they say man, you cant rush genius, so you know, whats your problem? haha

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Bufuman said...

I should start donating again. My debts are SLIGHTLY lower, so I should be able to spare a few bucks when I get paid tomorrow.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

no worries, im sure people arent as heartless as u seem to think. im sure they understand why...

if not, dont worry ur elvaan head. me, jack d., and our good buddy Scotch will go have a good round of golf.

er...wait...an eyeball wont make a good golf ball huh? damnit, oh well plan B

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Kulaudo said...

"I"d gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

Don't be Wimpy, Dave!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger tyranastrasz said...

Next time you have trouble coming up with a fan pack, just do another "Return to Bana'diel" like you did at some point last year and let us donate and request fan packs we missed from previous months. You get money, you do no work, we get new (for us) stuff! ;-)

I wasn't able to donate until a few months ago even though I've been reading this blog for ages, so I for one would love a shot at the fan packs I missed. =p

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Soren said...

No worries, Dave. I haven't been donating because I've hit a bad spot, so haven't been really doing my part. Just found out one of my student loans auto-withdrew from my bank account, putting me in the negative. (With a delicious $35 fee on top of it!!)

I so totally would have given you at least $10 of it, lol.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger YdoUhate? said...

So you're just like Duke Nukem Forever, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home