Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just A Thought

My wife has caught full-on Olympic fever.

I'm serious about that. She has actually caught Olympic fever. Every freaking time I reach for the remote, she snarls at me like a zombie from Resident Evil.

I keep a shotgun nearby just in case.

Anyway, we were watching some of the events today when a thought struck me.

No, this is not about the luge. Even I'm not that bad.

We were watching the biathlon (which does not involve the sexually confused young women I had expected) in which competitors have to cross country ski and then shoot at targets. They get ten bullets and have to hit ten targets.

How in the hell could you lose this event?

Let's imagine that you're in second place. You're getting close to the finish line and it looks like you don't have time to catch up. All is lost, right?

Oh, wait... You've got a gun.

I'd just shoot the guy ahead of me. Pop, pop, and I'm the winner.

Now, I'm not suggesting I'd kill the guy. That's just plain crazy.

But hit him in the back of the knee or spine or whatever and that gold medal is all yours.

Unless the guy behind you has a bullet left.

8 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, first off the gun is only a .22 calibur. Secondly, its a bolt action. So..yeah, hard to injure when the bullet is recommended for small game like a squirrel or rabbit. A .22 into a person wont do much...unless its a headshot. .22's are small little things

What makes the event so hard is that you have to shoot while your heart is beating at like 170 beats per minute. Most shots are taken at like...60 beats per minute or something. So your breathing hard, adrenaline is pumping, hands are prolly shaking. Tough to shoot under those conditions, especially when the target is roughly bigger than the bullet itself.

Another way to lose? Your skis get stuck and you front flip onto a rock or an ice hole lol

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

gah...the target is roughly no bigger than the bullet*

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Rubieus said...

How about they do olympic events based on zombie themes. Instead of skiing, you are running down a hall way and have to shoot down corridors, careful not to shoot innocents. I'd watch that.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Mil'bereth said...

I think the biathalon should be more like the James Bond flicks where he's sking and there are people skiing and snowmobiling after him with automatic weapons and hand grenades. If you cross the finish line alive, you win for life

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Kulaudo said...

I wanna take the Bond idea and the Zombie idea and run with it.

Can we have some sort of modern day apocalypse olympics? Current day olympics are based on sports that were (I think?) supposed to be based on some form of war, way way way long ago.

Kind of out-dated, you know?

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger heartlessgamer said...

I like the idea of Zombie Olympics.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger martypc said...

need more updates your the only way i get threw a day of work

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

22 would be fine. you put a round through the thigh of whoever is in front of you you good. won't kill them but it'll definitely slow them down (be sure to pick up their gun on the way by so they don't return the favor)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home