Sunday, January 10, 2010

Is This Just Me?

Something funny happened today.

I was coming down from a mad gaming marathon. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I hadn't blinked in about four hours.

Things were pretty normal. I was just finishing up feeding some moron to Jormy for a very good reason (that'll teach him to misuse the word "whom"), when I decided to stretch.

That's when it hit me.

No, not an idea.

A smell.

More correctly, my smell.

A wave of sweat slapped me in the face like I just asked a feminist to go make me a sandwich.

Now, this isn't a normal thing for me. I am quite carefully about properly maintaining my body and the hygiene thereof.

I have approximately 87 sets of gear for any one job along with several macro set ups for any specific event. I know how to keep shit running.

Still, as any gamer will attest, sometimes you just get caught up in an intense gaming run and you kind of lose track of things. You forget to eat, to work, to study. You even forget important errands.

It's no big deal. So Susan had to wait at the airport for four extra hours. She got home.

Unfortunately in the midst of your gaming revelry, it's really easy to meander away from your shower schedule. It just kind of gets away from you.

Usually, my wife is kind enough to point out these oversights. Usually, she's very clear on her feelings about that sort of thing.

Our couch is actually quite comfortable.

When it happened, I just chalked it up to one of those wacky consequences of being a gamer. I just automatically assumed that this happened to all of us.

I mean, I can't be the only one, right?

Right?

...

I'm going to go take another shower.

7 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

And that was when Dave became a smelly old man.

Ok, honestly though, it happens. Just an unfortunate byproduct of a good time.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Bufuman said...

I've hit that stench a few times the last few weeks. It happens when a fucking blizzard traps you indoors for days at a time.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Kulaudo said...

Don't forget to brush your teef

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Leut said...

Just imagine how bad it would be if you forgot to use the terlet.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Hylian said...

you play as a dragoon. you mean to tell me you can't get a quick shower in between jumps? :P

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Gray Fox said...

Hylian gets 2 points for that one.

Eh, that's why I always shower in the morning and be done with it. It's almost a reflex now; wake up, shower, then forget about it.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Waking up to shower implies that you went to sleep. Showering before bed is more likely for me, but, thats at like 5am, so not really at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home