Sunday, December 13, 2009

Javelin Gakure

I was thinking about the whole Modern Warfare 2 Javelin exploit thing and something occurred to me.

Yes, I was sitting at work playing video games while thinking about video games so I could write something in my blog about video games.

I have a very difficult life.

Please do not feel bad that, in comparison, your job seems like cruel and inhuman punishment.

My job isn't that great. Some days, they serve the champagne just below room temperature instead of properly chilled.

See? Our jobs are the same.

Anyway, I was reading through a few threads about the whole javelin exploit deal when it hit me.

They stole that shit from us.

I'm not kidding around. Those sons of bitches stole our freaking idea. FFXI has had the javelin exploit for freaking ever.

We just call them Ninjas.

See, in case you don't play FFXI (for some stupid damned reason), Ninjas are masters of stealth and magic that are capable of bringing high amounts of damage while avoiding any injury. Truly, they are masters of the fighting arts and the subtle secrets of combat.

Also, they esplode.

No, I did not type that wrong.

They.

Es.

Plode.

I'm not sure how the development process went on that one. Apparently, they were sitting around and somehow went from "masters of evasion and invisibility" to "spontaneously explode".

Dev1>> I think their two hour ability should be cool.
Dev1>> Maybe they could slip into the shadows or something.
Dev1>> Thousands of strikes from nowhere type shit.
Dev2>> I think they should explode.
Dev2>> Like kaboom.
Dev1>> That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Dev1>> What's your last name?
Dev2>> Wada.
Dev1>> ...
Dev1>> So, explode it is then.

Still, no matter how they came up with the idea, at least we came up with it first.

What I think happened is that one of the Modern Warfare 2 devs was getting his ass kicked in the game. The other devs were just plain destroying him.

Then, he decided to take a break and play some FFXI.

Next thing you know, he's coding Mijin Gakure in to piss the other guys off.

If you think about it that way, the exploit is just plain awesome.

Yeah, cheating sucks and people who do it should get stabbed in the neck with a number 2 pencil, but coding in an exploit just to piss off the guys you work with?

Awesome.

They could have avoided this whole mess if they'd either:

a) removed that code before release

or

b) give the exploit a 2 hour timer

That's what we did.

Amateurs.

6 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Kahsha said...

That is definitely my favorite 2hr ability.

You made me lol

^^

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger J. Scarper said...

"esplode"?

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Sparf said...

Esplode! It's what happens when the late Ricardo Montalban invokes his Ninja powers.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Sparf said...

...or Ricki Ricardo. Either one.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Lenwe said...

So is stabbing them with a #1 pencil to good death for them?

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

YOUR HEAD ASPLODE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home