Sunday, June 14, 2009

/em is sick.

Ugh.

Could someone please explain to me how in the hell I have the flu in the middle of June? It's not like I went outside in the cold.

It's not like I went outside.

If it weren't for the very short walk from my door to my car, I probably wouldn't even know there was a sky.

That's the big blue thing. With the big ball of fire.

I had to look it up on Wikipedia once.

Now, my first thought in this case is that it was my daughter's fault. Given the number of grubby, germ-ridden children she plays with at daycare, I'm surprised the girl hasn't developed small pox or something.

But no. I'm here, sick as a dog, and she's walking around, smiling and singing Winnie the Pooh songs.

I still think it's her fault, but I'm having trouble proving it.

It always surprises me how difficult it is to play FFXI when you're sick. You'd think that sitting in a chair playing a video game would be very easy on you.

Not so much.

Just ignore all the high concentration jobs. White Mage, Bard, Red Mage, anything that passes for a tank... All gone.

There's nothing worse than violently sneezing, then looking up to find your entire party violently dying.

So, it's melee jobs until I get better. Sub NIN and wait until I can throw a weaponskill.

And that's it.

That's one of the many reasons I love playing Dragoon. Hit attack, hit jump macro, go make a sandwich.

It's very relaxing.

And if I start sneezing... Well, nothing happens really. The worst that can happen is that I'm late on my next Jump macro.

Now, I'm free to sit back and wait to die.

According to the way I feel, that should be any minute now.

I know it was the rugrat. I just know it.

Damned children.

People say when you have kids, your life is over...

I didn't know they meant that literally.

10 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Tidusjnr said...

First comment =D

Hey Dave, maybe you got swine flu?

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Rabid Ferrets of DOOM!!!™ said...

SWINE FLU!!!!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Ryan James said...

AIDS!. =P

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger J. Scarper said...

Impossible. Unless Susan has it too, because GM Dave only has Susan.

...right?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger ~G said...

SWINE FLU!!!

They always say you'll be sick for the first couple of years with a new born. Totally is her fault.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Kahsha said...

I wouldn't even sub NIN if your sick. Just sub WAR and let the party keep you alive. Less buttons to press. ~.^

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Retromash said...

Hit attack, hit jump macro, go make a sandwich.

Macro?

Shame.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Ulli said...

Nothing wrong with macros. I let mine do 90% of everything.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Alex said...

They're called "carriers". Most often these are little children, and most often the sickness is influenza.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Yeah. Every time I go to a family event with anyone under the age of 15 around - I get sick.

I'm sick now because of it.

They are disease carrying plague rats. Cute, adorable, sweet, plague rats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home