Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Just Don't Get It

Alternate Title: A vasectomy doesn't sound too bad

Susan has started watching this show that I just don't understand.

It's called Jon & Kate Plus 8.

The guys whose wives and girlfriends watch this show are no doubt nodding in sympathy.

For those of you who have not seen the show, it follows the lives of a guy and his wife and their EIGHT CHILDREN.

EIGHT.

My mind can't even perceive of such a thing.

Could you imagine having EIGHT children?

Did I mention 6 of them are all 3 years old?

*gunshot*

EIGHT children.

Apparently, the father's trying to build a linkshell from the ground up.

Now, I've got nothing against kids.

At least, I have nothing against my own kid.

But EIGHT?

One of them is always crying.

ALWAYS.

No matter what they're doing, no matter where they're going, one of them is always crying.

I'm pretty sure the kids are just messing with the parents and have set up an organized crying/tantrum rotation.

Kid1>> That was nice.
Kid1>> I like what you did there with the sobbing.
Kid2>> Thanks.
Kid2>> I was trying a little improv.
Kid2>> I thought I overdid the arm flailing.
Kid1>> No, no. It was good.
Kid1>> I saw her take her aspirin with Vodka.
Kid1>> You did fine.

Personally, I don't think I could do it.

Except replace "don't think" with "damned well know".

Just watching the show, I feel like giving myself a vasectomy.

How hard could it be?

I'll give the Dad some credit. He seems to handle it reasonably well.

But if you look at him real close, you can see this look in his eyes.

He's a broken man.

I don't even know how they survive.

We can barely manage to handle our little girl and we have her outmanned.

With EIGHT kids, I'm pretty sure the Dad just kites the rest around the room while the Mom focuses on the boss child.

Seriously, if you want to feel a little less stressed out about your day, just sit down and watch the show.

Nothing seems that bad after watching someone with EIGHT kids.

Unless you have nine kids.

Then again, if you had nine kids, I doubt you'd be reading this.

You'd be too busy weeping in the corner.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get started on that vasectomy.

14 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I have 3 now, and never have time to play anymore.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Zen Masters said...

i actually checked the blog about 8times today waiting for this post... and it was worth it!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger TheAnaconda said...

self-induced vasectomy? o_O

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

>> With EIGHT kids, I'm pretty sure the Dad just kites the rest around the room while the Mom focuses on the boss child.

lol'ed. Don't forget about the debuffs, Dave!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Elzam said...

You should be glad you weren't an Asian born 20 years ago...

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Sparf said...

Don't forget to cauterize the wound with Fira.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger gamergrrl said...

that was laugh out loud funny sir. i actually had my mommy gene replaced with the shopping gene. much more manageable.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Lady Kel said...

I have just started reading your blog and have really been enjoying it. Thank you for the stress reliever. People are morons in game, on the highway, and for some unknown reason at the hospital.

By the way my grandmother was one of twelve and her mother was one of eleven.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Kenage said...

With EIGHT kids, I'm pretty sure the Dad just kites the rest around the room while the Mom focuses on the boss child.

Made a big laugh here, really looks funny if you think about it =D.

Great entry [GM]Dave one of the best in a while ^^.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger peopleWatcher said...

>>But if you look at him real close, you can see this look in his eyes.


I know that look, see it everytime I look in the mirror. And I only have 2 kids.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger cobalt60 said...

it is a terrible show, simply awful. Although, you do have to admire how they are able to exploit 8 children with just one show. Makes Ozzy and Gene seem like pikers by comparison. Glad you are back on a semi-regular timetable Dave. You make the interwebs better

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

"With EIGHT kids, I'm pretty sure the Dad just kites the rest around the room while the Mom focuses on the boss child."

Funniest thing ever!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Crono said...

Personally, I don't think I could do it.

Except replace "don't think" with "damned well know".



--> "Personally, I damned well know I could do it"

Hmm..

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Bellemithra said...

lmao

I watched that show once and got a major headache! 8 kids is just WAY TOO MANY!!!!! Good luck with that vasectomy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home