Monday, January 22, 2007

From The Desk Of [GM]Dave

To the Devs of FFXI,

This letter is intended for those developers that worked on or planned the newest FFXI expansion, ToAU. I'll let the rest of you get back to killing the Black Mage job.

While I don't usually question acts of unmitigated evil against the general player population, I must ask if this expansion is cruel enough. Sure, we have colibri that steal food effects, steal TP, and reflect magic, but is that really evil enough?

Perhaps we should make enemies that are impossible to see until you're already dead. If you even notice them, it's already too late. You can just kiss your ass goodbye.

Oh...

We got those...

Right.


What about a monster that makes you forget all of your job abilities and weaponskills? You know, an enemy that would make it almost impossible to get exp without numerous deaths.

Sounds good, right?

Oh, yeah.

Got those, too.

Damn.

What about a new event that has awesome gear and rewards, but starts you out with no magic?

Or weapons.

Or even clothes.

Basically, the whole event sets you back to level retarded. I mean, how evil is that?

Wait... Wait...

Did that one, too.

No, I think you're good. I think this expansion is about as evil as we can get at this point.

For the next expansion, I'm working on a new accessory that will actually kick the player in the groin at random intervals.

It's just like what you've done with the current expansion only more subtle.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to work. Those jobs aren't going to nerf themselves, you know.

Sincerely,
[GM]Dave

P.S. Can we have just one quest where you get to kick Shantoto in the teeth? Please?

11 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WB dave

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you here. Poor black mages can't level off Colibri. I pay 20k for food that I can't use. One way for a PLD to hold hate is through job abilities but can't do that when some flying monkey takes them away from me. It is not much fun. Good to see ya back though Dave.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Justine said...

Yes, they have screwed over all black mages ;_;

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao nice dave....theyre so mean to us, but yes we need a quest to kick her in the teeth! And the random groine kick item...cool stuff

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eating of abilities is bad. So bad.

Well atleast I'm still wearing some clothes.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Dave.

And not just those damned flying monkeys, all the snake ladies have a maneuver that wipes out your job abilities ... and can turn you on your own party members to boot!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lol'd =)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger creature124 said...

LOL good to see you are back Dave. I may be taking a break from FFXI, I can stll appreciate a good Shantoto teeth-kicking.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Kerensky said...

Kerensky: 75 rdm 75 blm.... exc

So far I have been unhappy with ffxi, how unhappy? enough that even my computer isn't working with it right now. (that is my computer is so very unhappy with ffxi it won't run)

What hav I don't to combat this force of evil.. Played city of vilans.. now it's

Kerensky 75 rdm 75 blm 50 ninja master mind 50 robot master mind..

now if only I could take my charictor from cov and bring it to ffxi...

yes yes, welcome back gm dave..

and ps: shouldn't blm's have reflect?

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Robin said...

You rule, welcome back

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger TheGrumblingGamer said...

Kicking Shantoto isn't enough - I want the blasted triplets from CoP as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home