Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Knife In The Back

So, given the amount of playtime I get between work and home, I've been leveling several characters over the past few years.

One of those characters has been getting extremely close to finishing off his relic dagger, the Mandau.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Mandau, all you really need to know is that it is awesomeness forged into a knife. This is the kind of knife Chuck Norris would use.

Yes. I went there.

Anyway, I've been getting extremely close to this goal and I was getting very hyped up. I was really looking forward to being the first of my friends to finish off my relic weapon.

Most of them didn't even know how close I was. I just wanted to surprise them all.

This was going to be sweet.

Man, they are going to freak out when they see me with that dagger. I'll just pop into my LSes and say something like...

Arzo>> (( Mandau )): O

Yeah. Something cool and simple like that.

Something really...

...

Wait a second...

My name isn't Arzo.

Arzo>> I finally finished my relic dagger!!!

But he...

I...

I was supposed to be first.

[GM]Dave>> Congratulations.

See? [GM]Dave isn't all bad.

I'm not a sore loser.

Arzo>> Holy crap!
Arzo>> I just did a 2483 Mercy Stroke to a spider.
[GM]Dave>> Yeah.
[GM]Dave>> That's nice.

Really, I'm not a sore loser at all.

Arzo>> Aquarius -> (( Found it! ))
[GM]Dave>> Are you freakin' kidding me?

I'm not a sore loser.

I'm not a sore loser.

I'm not a sore loser.

Arzo>> Woot!
Arzo>> Got the drop!

Not a sore loser.

Not a...

Oh, who the hell am I kidding?

[GM]Dave>> Wow, Arzo. This is a big event.
Arzo>> I know.
Arzo>> I've been working on it for two years.
[GM]Dave>> You should do something special.
Arzo>> Like what?
[GM]Dave>> You should get that dagger bronzed.
Arzo>> Haha, that's...
Arzo>> WHERE'D MY MANDAU GO?!

Arzo obtained a Bronze Dagger.

Arzo>> My...
Arzo>> I...
[GM]Dave>> Yeah.
[GM]Dave>> You're welcome.

Your tell could not be received. The other play is either changing areas or has just logged off and is weeping as he contemplates the two years he just wasted. He is also contemplating cutting his wrists with a knife.

Irony much?

[GM]Dave does not handle adversity well.

16 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo Evil. So glad you're back. Now play nice and give your friend his toy back.

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.
Good to see you back.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

holla!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Kite said...

Sounds like a great weapon.

But what you did was plain rude, Dave. Couldn't you have given him an onion knife? because even bronze is too good for him.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This doesn't make any sense. How could you not know someone in your LS is so close to a stage 5 relic. Attestation and fragment won't appear out of nowhere.

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet he is [GM]Chayenne too. dat GM is a dick yo. He be tryin to suspend people fa no reason yo! anyhtin to get peepz in mordian gaol yo! mad wiznack!

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha holla feba! ya caint touch dis foo! get off da titty!

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolute authority and God-like power... what a job.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You handled that much better than I would (could) have... My only hope is that this Puke was at least 70+, and had plenty to lose...

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, what's wrong with Lakshmi? =( lol

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea diz mofo iz on pheonix his name is toadyn yo! he is a lvl 62 loldrg holla! im jk drg is aight. at times. but yea fa sho! and he be havin a daughter to yo. holla!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Kerensky said...

all I have to say on that is lol..

that and to recap a bit of my last dyamis..

other people: blm drop
otehr people: ya blm drop!
kerensky's lot for...: 50
kerensky: lol dang
...
...
what the!
and I got the item?
/t silvermane how did I get it?
silvermane: no one else was lotting for it.
..

oh ya.. why I typed this up I almost died as much as Arzo..

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeding someone to Jormy, for throwing a 3 million gil item and calling a GM, I can understand. Torturing someone who criticeized your girlfriend's refreshing, that's cool. Messing with someone's relic is not. Seriously. I thank God every night you don't know my character's name on FF.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, I can post. This blog has convinced me to buy FFXI just to witness firsthand not only the cool things going on, but also how STUPID some people can actually get. Don't worry Dave, if I ever make a stupid GM call(which I hope will be....never.) I will personally ask you to feed me to Jormy then delete my character, for it would be corrupted with my stupidity.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Mewt said...

I'm new to your blogs... and I enjoy them thus far...

But... If I pointed out a typo... would you kill me?

I won't tell you where it is... It's more evil that way... You respect that right?

HINT: play=player <(^.^)>d

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Read alot of BOFH do you ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home