Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Enough Is Enough

I get asked the same question again and again.

And again.

And then some more.

I'm sure you've all seen this question plastered over FFXI forums.

Is FFXI dying?

I'd like to take a second to respond to these people in a careful, well thought out manner.

SHUT YOUR RETARDED FACES!

Any questions?

No? Good.

No, FFXI is not dying. That is possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Do you know who asks this question?

There are three types of people who ask this question:

1) people who don't play the game

2) people who suck at the game

3) people who have taken a sharp blow to the skull.

And guess what? I don't really give a damn about the opinions of any of these people.

Actually... I don't really give a damn about anyone's opinion except my own.

The economy changes and prices go up. Uh oh, the gilsellers are running rampant. FFXI must be dying.

The economy changes and prices go down. Uh oh, people must be leaving the game. FFXI must be dying.

The really funny (read: stupid) part of it is, people keep making GM calls to ask this question.

As if I'm going to say "Yeah, we're shutting the servers off tomorrow. We're just not telling anybody."

Today, I was sitting at my desk going over some TPS reports when I hear the sound of my sanity's demise.

*DING*

Sigh.

Maybe it's something important.

GM Call Description: Is FFXI dying?

So, no then.

Did we take out the whole "GM calls are for emergencies only" message in the last update or something?

I don't remember that being in the memo.

Perhaps I should discuss the matter with the... player who made the call.

[GM]Dave>> Hail, Adventurer.
[GM]Dave>> I understand you're looking for a stupid answer.
Player>> Why would you say that?
[GM]Dave>> Well, you asked a stupid question.

[GM]Dave>> Seemed logical to me.
Player>> I just wanted to know your opinion.
[GM]Dave>> No.
[GM]Dave>> No, you didn't.
[GM]Dave>> You wanted to tell me your opinion.
Player>> What do you mean?
[GM]Dave>> Well, you're about to tell me it is dying.
[GM]Dave>> And then you're going to tell me why.
Player>> Well...
Player>> Kind of.
[GM]Dave>> Then, I'm going to make a logical point.
[GM]Dave>> And you're going to be too stupid to understand.
Player>> I don't know what you mean.
[GM]Dave>> My point exactly.
Player>> But look at the servers.
Player>> There aren't as many people playing anymore.
[GM]Dave>> Oh my. People play other games.
[GM]Dave>> I am truly shocked.
Player>> It's getting worse.
Player>> The past two weeks especially.
[GM]Dave>> Gee...
[GM]Dave>> I wonder what happened two weeks ago...
Player>> Do you mean FFXII?
[GM]Dave>> Hey!
[GM]Dave>> You're not entirely retarded.
Player>> Still, you can tell it's dying.
[GM]Dave>> Okay, you got me.
[GM]Dave>> The game is totally dying.
[GM]Dave>> We'll be lucky if we make it to the weekend.
Player>> Stop kidding around.
[GM]Dave>> No, no. I'm serious.
[GM]Dave>> The servers are actually empty.
[GM]Dave>> We filled them with bots to fool everyone.
[GM]Dave>> Only three people are actually playing now.
Player>> Seriously?
[GM]Dave>> Okay.
[GM]Dave>> Darwinism just called.
[GM]Dave>> You've been judged too stupid to continue breathing.
[GM]Dave>> Please stop now.
Player>> This is crazy.
Player>> I'm asking a serious question.
[GM]Dave>> I'm going to do us both a favor.
[GM]Dave>> I'm going to ban you.
[GM]Dave>> Then you won't have to worry anymore.
[GM]Dave>> Win-win.
Player>> But I don't want to be banned.
[GM]Dave>> Win-lose.
[GM]Dave>> Whatever.
Player>> You can't just ban me.
[GM]Dave>> Are you sure?
[GM]Dave>> Maybe we should check.

And damned if I wasn't right.

Seriously, people. The game isn't dying. The only thing dying is the few brain cells of the idiots who worry about this.

Luckily, if they lose a few more, they'll be too busy drooling on themselves to ask stupid questions like this.

And won't that be a beautiful day?

14 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger token black guy said...

oh snap second! holla at second holla holla h0ollaaaa wdkikgaiubgbsadbiribr wqoweowbw e woot dskbnkjwekaf w00ty woo fonfibljf ewljfwrh grwhbg!!!!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

lol, tbg...you too gm dave :)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Kite said...

Dying? I think there is more life in Vana'diel these days. Yesterday almost everyone in my friends list was online. I blame the GMs for that. By banning the RMT and retards, the other plpayers can now actually enjoy the game.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to feed the addiction. I'm not going anywhere. Who would feed my chocobo? She gets so lonely when I'm gone.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you say America was dying if every major criminal was ACTUALLY removed from the population?

FFXI isn't dying, it's called culling the herd. A few more RMTs banned and the population may approach 75% real players.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Kikadper said...

I wish braincells could respawn.. v.v

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Longy said...

Do you GM just one server or is it every single server?

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FFXI is like my mother's cactus centerpiece, she's been trying to kill it since she made the darn thing. Keeps growing slowly. Just won't die.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Matt said...

FFXI? Dying? Nah. If people are leaving, that wouldn't explain that party of newbs I was in the other day. That's right. Newbs. New people who were so exited that FFXi rocked that they couldn't think straight and got the entire party wiped out. Although, it was a Valkurm Dunes party... heh, no. They were definitely newbs. They displayed a distinct difference from the brainless that wander Vana'diel. They had no idea that pulling Pug Pugils is a very bad idea.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger token black guy said...

OH HELL NAH! NOBODY HURTZ PPLZ HEAD MO DEN DA TBG!!! HELL NAH!!


*eats luther349*

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can't just ban ppl for no reason you ftard, i hope you die.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can ban people for whatever you want, I hope you live forever. Twice.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey [GM]Dave, Why don't you just tell SE to post a message saying that FFXI isnt dieing? I mean i have thought about it, how sad it would be for FFXI to die, because what would i do?

btw (by the way) i think that, that was funny telling him that we had to fill the servers with bot LMAO and theyre are only 3 real people playing thats funny.
And i think GMs have a wierd sence of humor lol...
my charector name: Darthmorpheus (now Darthneo)
GM: Now should i take the red pill, blue pill, or should i just kill you with my light saber....
lol

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Getalife said...

[GM]Dave... you're an idiot. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Why don't I forward this thread to the SE Main customer service department and see how confident you are then. If you don't know your job, then allow me, as just a measly little player, to explain it to you. YOU ARE A REPRESENTATIVE OF SE. You got it? You are sanctioned by them. Act like it. Fact is, people are leaving the game, and it probably has something to do with dick-wad, wanna-be FFXI know-it-all hot shots like you. You absolutely make me sick. Maybe it's YOU who should stop breathing and do the entire world (FFXI or otherwise) a favor. I think we all deserve at least that for having to read this ridiculous post from your whining, and unbelievably unsophisticated mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home