Monday, June 05, 2006

[GM]Dave: Mediator

Sigh.

When I started this job, I was endowed with almost unlimited power.

On rare occasions, I actually use this power for good.

Very, very rare occasions.

These rare times usually arise when someone asks me to settle a dispute of some sort.

Like King Solomon, I descend from my throne and dispense my endless wisdom so that the lesser people of Vana'diel might benefit from my intelligence.

Okay... I mostly just get sarcastic, make fun of the person asking me questions, humiliate them, and then ban them.

It's a hobby.

Did you actually think that I would enjoy helping people through their sad, misguided arguments just so one of them can feel slightly less stupid?

That really doesn't sound like me.

Now, there are two types of arguments that I am asked to mediate. We'll label these categories "Acceptable" and "Please Feed Me To a Dragon."


1) Acceptable Arguments

Arguments that pertain to intelligent, game-related information are deemed acceptable. I will do my best to answer these questions as I am able.

People who make GM calls of this nature will not receive a ban unless their behavior or comments indicate an abnormally high level of stupidity. Even within a logical, acceptable discussion, people are still capable of saying incredibly retarded things.

2) Feed Me To a Dragon Arguments

The arguments are so monumentally retarded, That I feel my only choice is to destroy all those involved and wipe their seed from the earth.

People who make GM calls of this nature will not only receive a ban, but may also be physically murdered by our covert GM Special Ops unit. These individuals are so incredibly idiotic that our only true defense is to remove them entirely from the gene pool.


You may be asking yourself "how do I know if an argument is acceptable or not?"

This is an important question as a wrong decision may very well lead to your untimely demise.

Here are some tell-tale signs:

a) if you are discussing anything based solely on opinion, you're retarded.

b) if you are discussing anything involving job/race/city X is better than job/race/city Y, you are functionally retarded.

c) if you in any way contact me to settle an argument, you are super retarded.

Seriously. There is no argument on the planet worth what I will potentially do to your precious little character.

I've banned people for having too many consonants in their names. Do you really think I'm going to let you bother me with no repercussion?

What kind of a GM would I be?

Just this morning, a player sent me a GM call to help him and his friend settle an argument.

GM Call Description: Need help! Emergency!

Right away I'm annoyed. There's nothing more irritating than the vague GM call.

"Hey, something happened sometime to somebody! Help!"

I mean what the hell am I supposed to do with that?

Since this person has taken the time to actively annoy me, I feel it would only be fair to return the favor.

Possibly via dragon.

I hop over to Phoenix server and look the player up. A DRK named Tokaki.

Fantastic.

Not only am I dealing with an idiot, I'm dealing with an EMO idiot.

Yay.

[GM]Dave>> Hail, Adventurer.
[GM]Dave>> I understand you have an "emergency".
Tokaki>> Yeah.
[GM]Dave>> The pharmacy was out of black nail polish?
[GM]Dave>> Walmart ran out of Linkin Park CDs?
Tokaki>> ... uhh... no.
[GM]Dave>> I know I'm going to regret this, but...
[GM]Dave>> What is your emergency?
Tokaki>> Well... my friend Cirdan and I...
[GM]Dave>> I'm sorry. I think I misunderstood you.
[GM]Dave>> I thought you said friend.
Tokaki>> I did.
[GM]Dave>> Oh...
Tokaki>> We were having an argument.
[GM]Dave>. You and your "friend"...
Tokaki>> Yes.
Tokaki>> Me and my friend.
[GM]Dave>> This "friend"...
[GM]Dave>> Is he a real person?
Tokaki>> Yes, he's real.
[GM]Dave>> Ah...
[GM]Dave>> Seriously?
Tokaki>> YES!!!
[GM]Dave>> A DRK with friends.
[GM]Dave>> I should write this down somewhere.
Tokaki>> Can I continue?
[GM]Dave>> Sure. Why the hell not?
Tokaki>> So my friend and I are having an argument.
Tokaki>> See, he's a Dragoon and I'm a...

Right there. That is the exact moment when the total magnitude of this call's stupidity finally dawned on me.

Oh, somebody gonna die.

[GM]Dave>> Are you kidding me?
Tokaki>> Umm... no.
Tokaki>> Not kidding.
[GM]Dave>> Did you call me for a DRK vs. DRG bitchfight?
Tokaki>> ... yeah.
[GM]Dave>> And this seemed like a good idea?
Tokaki>> Well, it did at the time.
Tokaki>> I'm starting to think this may have been a mistake.
[GM]Dave>> Well, apparently you're not completely retarded.
Tokaki>> Did you just call me retarded?!
[GM]Dave>> No.
[GM]Dave>> I said "not completely retarded".
[GM]Dave>> I assumed that would be a compliment for you.
Tokaki>> You can't talk to me like that!
[GM]Dave>> Why do idiots keep telling me what I can say?
[GM]Dave>> Next you're going to tell me I can't call you an idiot.
Tokaki>> YOU CAN'T!
[GM]Dave>> What did I tell you?
[GM]Dave>> You tards are all alike.
Tokaki>> STOP CALLING ME RETARDED!
[GM]Dave>> I'm sorry, Mr. Customer, Sir.
[GM]Dave>> I'll settle that argument for you right now.

*warp*

[GM]Dave>> Is your name Cirdan?
Cirdan>> ... yeah.
[GM]Dave>> Good.
[GM]Dave>> Do you know this guy?
Cirdan>> Yes.
Cirdan>> Unfortunately.
[GM]Dave>> You do know him.
[GM]Dave>> Good.

*warp*

Area: Mordion Gaol

[GM]Dave>> I have been invited to settle an argument.
Tokaki>> Yeah, see...
[GM]Dave>> Did I ask for your opinion, Goth boy?
Tokaki>> ...
Tokaki>> No.
[GM]Dave>> Then that means shut the hell up.
[GM]Dave>> Now, I have organized a simple challenge...
[GM]Dave>> That will settle how is indeed better.
Cirdan>> That sounds cool.
Tokaki>> Yeah, that could work.
[GM]Dave>> Didn't I tell you to shut up?
Tokaki>> But he said...
[GM]Dave>> I didn't tell him to shut up.
[GM]Dave>> See how that works?
Tokaki>> Yeah.
[GM]Dave>> Good.
[GM]Dave>> Are we ready for the challenge?
Cirdan>> I'm ready to go.
Tokaki>> ...
[GM]Dave>> Okay...
[GM]Dave>> Cirdan, spell "Wyvern."
Cirdan>> W-Y-V-E-R-N.
[GM]Dave>> That was good.
[GM]Dave>> Tokaki, spell "OHLORDSTOPEATINGMEAAGGHH"
Tokaki>> What is that supposed...

Jormungand scores a critical hit!
Jormungand hits Tokaki for 17,876 points of damage.
Tokaki was defeated by Jormungand.

[GM]Dave>> Well...
[GM]Dave>> As Cirdan spelled his word correctly...
[GM]Dave>> And remained undigested, I'd say he's the winner.
Cirdan>> That was a good challenge.
Tokaki>> Oh shut up, you purple moron.
Tokaki>> I HATE YOU BOTH!
[GM]Dave>> I'm sorry.
[GM]Dave>> I couldn't hear you over the dragon.

All in all, I felt that we came to a good resolution there.

We settled an argument and the DRK made a second friend.

I'm pretty sure that's a new record.

9 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Kenny said...

Why would he not use their real names? It's not as if he should be protecting the innocent. These people aren't innocent.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Hawklord2112 said...

hey hold on - DRKs have some redeeming features.
after all it takes dedication and patience to whack 100 rabbits with that lame ass rubbersword, Chaosbringer.

hold on. that's not dedication and patience.

that's anal retentiveness.

*whistles innocently* move along folks, nothing to see here

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger kevin said...

Well of course that was an emergency! I mean, didn't you all see how badly that guy needed to be fed to a dragon?

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

Turn down a DRK's accuracy. That's funny.

I saw a Dark Knight get upset the other day. He was so mad, he threw his weapon at the ground.

And missed.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lol, good one [GM]Dave.

For whoever asked about the names.

I'm going to assume this is the "featuring" in a blog for the donators.

All other blogs have "player" in them.

A famous retard is even worse than a normal one.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Justine said...

Thanks for wiping some more bad seed from the earth ;)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Reeree said...

What is it about Dark Knight that turns people into whiny bitches? My boss was told by her linkshell that she needs to level it for a Red Mage subjob, just for the use of Stun - and ever since she's done nothing by bitch bitch bitch about how much she hates the job.

The bitching didn't start right way. Just like the antipathy against all life slowly seeps in when you switch to Black Mage, the emotional dysfunction slowly penetrates the cerebral cortex after switching to Dark Knight.

First, there is a period of "I have a scythe! Woohoo! I can one-shot Easy Prey monsters with my grim reaper stick!" and then she gets a party in the Dunes. "I forgot to bring food! BLU isn't working as a subjob as well as I thought it would! My crossbow bolts always miss! This stupid sythe is so SLOW and it always misses." etc., etc., etc.

Use that big grim reaper stick to slit your wrists. I don't want to hear it.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

A little bit, yeah.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Reeree said...

More importantly, the great unwashed masses get off on his dick... his being a dick, too.

It's like an olympic event, the synchronized euphoria that comes with the little deaths.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home