Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Nostalgia

Remember all those amazing cutscenes? Those storyline moments that brought the game to life for you?

Yeah... I don't either.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

It's really the story of FFXI that sets it apart from so many other games. It makes all the grind worthwhile.

Still, given the sheer amount of cutscenes that it takes to tell such a big story, you can be forgiven for forgetting a few.

Luckily, one of the guys over at ffxionline.com has taken the time to record and organize all the storyline elements from the game into video segments, and then made them available to everyone for free.

I have to say, it's pretty cool to watch. It's like starting over again and getting to see the game from a fresh angle.

I just wish I'd come up with this idea first.

Anyway, I figured some of you guys might like to check it out. The original storyline and Rise of the Zilart are already uploaded. The rest will come when they're ready.

Enjoy.

Final fantasy XI Legends of Vanadiel Storyline Scenes

7 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting. I never played FFXI far enough to get any good cutscenes but I followed the story on my own ever after I stopped playing, because I found it quite good by itself.

On a completely unrelated note...I would one day like to see Dave post about the two other major MMO competitors in market, his (biased) views for both Lineage and WoW should be entertaining to hear.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Hydro said...

Dave is going to find you and then let a dragon eat your face with a wooden spoon for saying that...

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Done on another FF forum already, more complete too:
http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25751

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Thistle said...

Wow, you're posting again and looks like you have been for a while. o.O Glad I checked back one last time before deleting the bookmark!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Bufuman said...

Hmm, interesting. I need to get farther in FFXI (My highest job is my 23 WAR), but first I need a new computer. Curse this laptop's 40 GB hard drive.

Also, Dave, quick question about the fan packs; do you just email crap to us or actually send them to our houses? I ask because I had my old apartment down as the default address when I donated, and will need to give you my current address if they go via snail-mail. Blame my eagerness to donate for the mistake.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Bufuman said...

Bleh, nevermind, I just bothered to check your previous post again, and saw that you just e-mail stuff. Still, if you ever do mail out stuff normally, remember that mine is the wrong address.
*awaits fan pack*

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger TheAnaconda said...

given that the only thing he ever talks about sending out snail mail is incindeary devices, its probly a good thing you gave him your wrong address

 

Post a Comment

<< Home