Saturday, May 09, 2009

THEME WEEK!

IT'S! THAT! TIME! AGAIN!

THEME WEEK!!!

I'm very excited. I've been really looking forward to this theme week.

Also, the case of red bull I just finished might be helping out a little bit.

On the bright side, I can now see through time.

Anyway, it's time for a very interesting theme week leading up to the new fan pack. I sent a message to last month's top donator expecting some collaboration on an idea.

No.

He sent me a message back almost immediately, as if he'd been waiting, watching his inbox ready to strike.

I'm not sure if that's real dedication or really sad.

Let's go with dedication.

He had his own idea and would not take no for an answer.

He also would not accept "hell no", "screw you", and "you do realize I'm going to have to kill you, right?".

Gotta respect the stubbornness.

His idea: [GM]Dave's college years.

Oh... There will be blood.

I'm not going to say my college years were bad, but my first roommate is still missing and presumed dead.

Or stoned.

Probably stoned.

So, despite my reservations about reliving those years, it looks like we have a week of stories about me in college.

Fun.

And, as usual, at the end of the theme week, I'll be sending out the fan pack, a little gift to everyone who donates $5 or more to help support the blog. Just a little something to show you guys how much I really appreciate your help.

Every donation I get goes towards supporting my family.

All of this whisky doesn't buy itself, you know.

The gift packs are full of extra stories and articles about pretty much everything. Susan throws in a couple, plus I give my opinions on movies and games.

You love listening to my opinions, right?

Right?

Plus, if you happen to be the highest donator, you will get the chance to suggest your very own theme week. Think of all the terrible things you can make me do.

Actually... Don't think about that.

Ever.

Stop it.

God, what have I gotten myself into?

9 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger J. Scarper said...

I don't donate, unfortunately... Oh, but what the hell, doesn't mean I won't get something out of it!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Wei Loon Teh said...

Kudos to the contributor.

Best idea ever.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Warewulf said...

Why do I get the feeling that it's going to be a week of stories starting with "So I showed up to class drunk..."

Then again, it may have something to do with the fact that most stories begin with that anyway.. except replace class with work.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sweet. i wonder what you are like stoned... maybe a bit nicer... or just uncaring

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm really curious as to what GMDave studied in college, only to end up as a GM. (The 'only' in this case is not diminutive... It would just be funny if he studied chemistry and wound up as customer service)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

wish i has the money to donate. i have an awesome idea. someone who dontates needs to steal it! force [GM]Dave to cut FFXI out of his life for a week (minus work) and play runescape!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Fulluphigh said...

Dave, I don't think it counts as your first theme week post if all you do is announce that there will be more theme week posts.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger ~G said...

@Fulluphigh
It's Sunday, theme week doesn't start until tomorrow, so this doesn't actually count as a post.

And this theme week should be pretty amusing.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know if you want to make him REALLY suffer, tell him to play Anarchy Online for the next theme week! Or one of those "free to play" banner advised MMO's that scream "I R Horrible"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home